Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Walking home on West Green Road last night I saw the shutters up on what was the stylish Italian restaurant, Buonissimo, that shut last year...

Getting closer I noticed a sign (picture attached) saying it's to reopen on the 1st October - the owners list themselves as Anima e Cuore...

Being nosey (and excited that there will be a cool restaurant at the end of my road again) I googled the names... apparently Anima e Cuore is a very successful Italian in Kentish Town with rave reviews...  

http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/anima-e-cuore

Now it's not confirmed it's the same people but I reckon it's more than likely.

What with the Nile having a complete refurbishment and reopening as a Bulgarian restaurant at some point in September as well as the old faithful Autograf still pulling in the punters, all of a sudden the Turnpike Lane end of West Green Road is bursting into life.

Can you tell I'm excited!

Tags for Forum Posts: italian, passione and tradizione, west green, west green road

Views: 5490

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well 1st October has been and gone and no sign of opening. Nothing's been done at the old Buonissimo for quite some time now and the sign saying "opening 1st October" is no longer illuminated.

Refurbishment work at the old Nile down the road has also ground to a halt for some weeks. There are any numbers of reasons for delays of course- lack of funds, planning and building regs wrinkles, landlords' permissions, licences etc etc- or either or both could be dead in the water.

Anybody got any inside info on either?

I emailed the address on the sign a couple of weeks ago too and didn't get a reply.  Last night I wandered past (ok I was hungry for pasta after a very long day at work with no break) and was sad but not surprised to see it hadn't opened yet.  I guess often there are delays.  I did see what looked like a large dough mixer through the window - I'm sure that's new since the last time I went past.

I really really hope they open soon.  If for no other reason than I'm running a marathon next month so will actually be in there every night for pasta if they do.

I walked past yesterday too - there's a 2 been put in front of date so now says "opening 21st October" - don't know if the new date is any more reliable but I'm keeping fingers crossed. 

Thanks for the update!

Unfortunately the weekend has come and gone with out any sign of additional activity. 

Maybe they meant October 2017....?

Thanks. I was wondering.... I normally go home via Seven Sisters so my route doesn't take me past the restaurant. Should be going home that way tonight though (from the Westbury pub quiz) so was planning to check again.
Good news West Greeners!

There was activity in both the old Buonissimo and the old Nile today.

There is some new catering equipment inside Buonissimo.

Things are happening!!

I went past last night - people in Passione e Tradizione and the old Nile... Passione seems to be a lot further ahead - could we see an opening this weekend?  I'm hoping for Friday, I have a marathon on Sat so could do with the carb load!

Hi Sarah and all, 

Can't seem to reply to your latest update, Sarah, so I'm doing it here as I also have news...

PASSIONE & TRADIZIONE

Went in last night and met them all - had a bit of their pizza - lush... the guy who will run it has lived on Langham Road for the past 10 years... they are open tonight for pizza (I'm taking my kids in a bit) but will be soft launching over the next week or so and... wait for it.. THEY WILL BE OPEN IN THE EVENINGS!!!!

THE NILE UPDATE

I went and spoke to them as well... they are opening in a couple of weeks time apparently.. there is an epic mural in the restaurant - well I think that's what it was...

HANNIMELI UPDATE

What was the West Green Kebab and then Niyasi Usta and now Hannimeli Restaurant (opposite Passione and Tradizioni) is diversifying from just gozlemi and sweets... it will sell other meals (was serving soups today) very soon!!  Exciting...

And... weirdly the Tasty Hutt has reopened after a few months shut...

AND... Cafe Blue Sky seems to be having a refurb... what with an estate agent and travel agent all opening in the past month, things are really and finally moving in West Green!!  WOOP WOOP!!

WOW!!

Just went in with my kids... they are not open yet but they fed us with margaritas... my god they were really good... like really good... looks like the place is licensed too (their other place is BYO) as they had beer in crates...  THIS IS SUCH GOOD NEWS!

Wow thanks for the update!  I considered knocking on the door last night and would have if I had seen pizza!  So looking forward to this opening.  

Shutters were down this evening.

Meanwhile there looks to be a nice refurb taking place in the cafe across the road.

People in the Nile smoking. I really don't fancy the giant mural.
Attachments:

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service