Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I've heard some shocking stories of people having to flee for their lives, just grabbing their kids and running out in their nightclothes taking nothing. Does anyone know what is being done for these poor people, or if a fund has been set up to help them?

Tags for Forum Posts: london troubles

Views: 3967

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess this brilliant response is partly because Tottenham was the first place to go up - and so very visibly,  with that picture of the burning carpet shop + 27 homes. So if there is any surplus, will it be passed on to other boroughs? I've not been checking but every council must have an emergency plan in place and be providing a similar service.
Also we've been very effective as a community at getting the word out there.
OK, text confirmation just in from Muriel, Sally Ally lead at Assistance Centre - Household items still needed. All items already collected very gratefully received. Have plenty of volunteers.
I called the Tottenham Centre this morning to offer a TV that I rarely use. I was told that they didn't have the storage space at the moment and was asked to call back in a week.

I asked about what other items they need at the moment, and was told that right now they are swamped with donated items, no need for more. I'm going to make a financial donation instead.
Just spoken with Tottenham Asst Ctr. Need now is for household goods (plates, pans, utensils etc) & cleaning stuff. Open all weekend 9 - 8.

I've just spoken with Muriel at the Tottenham Assitance Centre and she has told me that at ths point no more donations are needed. Anything on the way or already collected will be gratefully recieved. They'l be assessing how things stand oer the weekend and plan to let us all know how things stand at soem point next week.

Hi everyone, just to let you know that there is a second public meeting in response to the riots this Wednesday 14 Sep. It's being held at..

Tottenham Chances Club
399 High Road, N17 6QN

...and all are welcome. It will start at 6.30pm prompt and end by 9.30pm.
There was a great turnout last time so it would be excellent to see even more faces this time around.
Notes from the last meeting plus more information and is available here...
Thanks, Al.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service