Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Cafe Tramp farewell, replacement will be Izmir restaurant & meze bar

At the moment no interior changes are apparent. Hat tip to Nick Michael for the spot.

Tags for Forum Posts: cafe tramp, izmir, meze, restaurant, turkish

Views: 5071

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for the suggestions.

'Beyond Haringey' despatches Crouch End too.

Italian, Bruce Grove - San Marco. Separate thread here:  http://www.harringayonline.com/forum/topics/san-marco-bruce-grove

I'm a bit puzzled by the place beside/under the Shelton hotel - we walked past it a week ago & the shutter was open (there didn't seem to be an actual window, just a hole with a shutter) & you could see lots of seats in the basement - see attached. There was a lit up sign saying 'Samuki', but no other information

literally had no idea this was here. it's a shisha bar. https://www.instagram.com/samukilondon/

Back around 1987 we had a very nice brothel here on Tramps' Corner, subtly disguised as a sunbed parlour. Izmir, please, even if you must dress it up as a mezekebabbar, can you perhaps make an old man very happy?

It went even further back, 40 years at least OAE:- our new-to-us-1978 neighbours noted it as a local beacon of dissipation.

...and further back still, it was an Edwardian tea shop.

Restaurant wishlist

A good Indian or Nepalese 

A good fish n chippy

A good Italian

An old fashioned British or French 

Peruvian

North African

A vegetarian restaurant (world cuisine not just Indian) or at least one that offers more veggie choice than a paltry risotto or butternut squash whatever. Not for me but for the many who have few choices when it comes to Harringay dining out. 

A good old fashioned Greek Taverna

please no more fourth rate kebab places. We have some very good ones already and unless you are willing to try to compete there’s no point. 

Have you not visited Indika?

Yeah, I like Indika. Also a couple of the places on Turnpike Lane - Jai Shri Krishna and Jashan.

Yeah, it's ok... but I want a good one.

A good fish and chippy - George's, St Ann's Rd opposite the Salisbury or Toffs Muswell Hill. Or the one ( forgotten the name ) on Green lanes opposite the entrance to the Arena.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service