Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Passing through Chestnuts Park yesterday i noticed a large quantity of garden waste had been thrown over the fence on the West side of the park, from Cornwall Road properties.

Peeping over the fence it was obvious they had just cleared their gardens of all vegetation- the dumped vegetation was identical to the cut stumps.  By checking the number of tv aerials on chimney stacks it was easy to identify the properties responsible from  the front: 183 & 185 Cornwall Road.

I have submitted a flytipping report to the council - i hope they take action against those responsible.  Photo attached: left = dumped waste; centre = cleared garden; right = front of properties.

I'm really disappointed at this sort of behaviour - not just irresponsible flytipping, but damaging the Park as an important local amenity

I've noticed this happen regularly from different Cornwall Rd properties where they've obviously dumped stuff over the fence, and i have occassionally thrown the waste back.

Views: 407

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well done, not that hard to dispose of legally or let it rot down over a few months then dispose @ recycling

Thanks for doing this. Can I copy this to the Tidy Up Tottenham group and the Friends of Chestnuts to highlight the issue and see further action taken? We have been focusing on a number of problems lately. The kids play area was in a real state. 

Moving forward the Tidy Up Tottenham group are planning a Great Spring Clean event on the Sunday 14th of April in Chestnuts Park and Cornwall Rd. Would like as many of the community to join us. 

hello there - happy for you to forward this.  i was thinking of going along with a garden fork and chucking it back into their garden, but then thought it better to leave as evidence for Haringey dumping team - will report back if i get a response from them

The plastic greenery outside the front doors just adds insult to injury!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service