Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Haringey's line on Christmas tree disposal recycling this year, as posted in Haringey People Extra and on the website is below.

Has anyone tried leaving their Christamas tree out in chunks for collection this year? Did it get taken by the Veolia men? In previous years I believe the line was to cut into similar chunks and put into your green waste bags for collection but since those became a chargeable commodity most of us don't have them. Doesn't feel right just dumping chunks of tree on the curb in the hope they'll be taken....

If you live in a kerbside property, you can cut your tree into smaller pieces (maximum length 1m or 3 feet) and put it out for collection. Christmas trees can also be taken to Haringey's Reuse and Recycling Centre in Western Road, Wood Green.

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/d154b1b068c54fa3558c3cb26/images/ca6849d3-6c7f-47c7-983f-025f2606136a.jpg" style="border: 0px initial; width: 149px; height: 200px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 5px; line-height: 100%; outline: none; text-decoration: none;" class="CToWUd" width="149" height="200" align="right"/>Alternatively, for four weeks after Christmas Day you can take them to designated sites in certain parks:

• Albert Road Recreation Ground
  • Down Lane Park
  • Bruce Castle Park
  • Downhills Park
  • Priory Park
  • Finsbury Park

The Gardens Residents’ Association at Doncaster Gardens (off Stanhope Road, Harringay) will also have a Christmas tree recycling point until 27 January 2019, between 9am to 4pm only.

Tags for Forum Posts: christmas, christmas tree, recycling, rubbish, veolia

Views: 336

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mine was taken away promptly and neatly on Thursday morning along with my other recycling

Same. Ours was taken away the next morning after we put it out. Very efficient. Don't really understand why people dump their trees. It's so easy!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service