Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

TfL have published their response to the Crossrail 2 consultation held at the end of 2015 (the response was published in the summer but I've only just picked it up)
https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/crossrail2/october2015/user_upload...
Interestingly, although those responding to the options of a Crossrail station at either Turnpike Lane or Wood Green plumped for Turnpike Lane, there is to be a second round of consultation as Haringey are pushing hard for Wood Green.

Tags for Forum Posts: Crossrail

Views: 3055

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The proposed station will be like a black hole as far as the London Plan is concerned, in that the allowed densities of residential buildings around it will be enormous. The council own a lot of land around Wood Green station and it will become much more valuable if a CrossRail 2 station is built there. They're currently in the process of giving all this land to LendLease to play with so perhaps they've promised that as a sweetener for the deal?

Always an education, a scan of the replies on topics such as this. I really had no idea that local authorities not only give away their land to private sector developers - they even add 'sweeteners' like the promise of a Crossrail station. Remarkable.

Wood Green doesn't even appear on the latest London Plan.

I stick to my forecast that the New Southgate Branch will never be built, But Crossrail to Dalston then via Tottenham Hale to Cheshunt and further north will be approved, as will a branch across the Lea.

However, back in March the National Infrastructure Commission published its assessment [link to full report here].

Recommendation 4
In developing the business case, it is crucial that TfL and DfT identify clear proposals to maximise its benefits and increase deliverability. The costs of Crossrail 2 are high and therefore every opportunity should be taken to improve its affordability.

The updated case should include detailed options to reduce and phase the costs of the scheme. The most promising option identified to enhance affordability would be to delay the construction of the north-western branch to New Southgate. This could reduce the costs of the initial scheme in the 2020s by around £4 billion. 

If construction of the north-western branch is delayed, this would also provide the opportunity to consider the case for an eastern branch from Hackney as an alternative.

Neither is going to happen, it was an over promise to illicit votes and help secure lottery funding for Ally Pally more than anything.

You think Crossrail 2 won't happen, or the the routing via wither Wood Green or Turnpike  Lane won't happen?

Money is being squandered here.

There is no viable case for the New Southgate branch of CR2 and I have a 98% gut feeling that it will never be built. The case for the second branch of CR2 to be built across the Lea from Hackney is much higher.

This is just another '350 million to the NHS' delusion.  I'd like to know where the financing is coming from. In the light of this week's news.. and in the projections that the U.K.s economy will shrink post brexit. http://www.europeanrailwayreview.com/30564/rail-industry-news/great...

Try getting the tube into town at Rush hour from Harringay... something is needed. At 1,000 new dwellings a year for the next ten years it will only get worse.

The Thameslink improvements are not on tap yet.. That solves your New Southgate > King's Cross problem at a third of the price.

CR2 should still be built via Tottenham Hale on to the Lea Valley Line.. but the ludicrous roundabout branch via Harringay (Turnpike Lane) has nothing to commend it.. As the report published this summer found.

Of course, it might put a few (hundred) thousand on your property value.. Therefore I understand you being positive about it. But it won't happen.

What is the argument for having the interchange at Wood Green? Turnpike Lane would suit us guys in ladder better as it would be just a walk up the road!

The Council believe that it would better support their regeneration aspirations for Wood Green, though I'm not quite clear why other than the kudos of having the station at Wood Green.

As you can see from the map below, Turnpike Lane is about as dead centre as you can get for the borough.

Thanks Hugh - that map illustration is useful!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service