Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi there.

I would like to get some opinions and feedback with regards to interest in a dance/fitness studio in Turnpike Lane.

It would be on the first floor, with wheel chair, and buggy access; there is a lift and stairs.It would be a peaceful, comfortable, well designed space that is enjoyable to be in.

The centre would offer various fitness classes such as sculpt and tone, Zumba, holistic classes such as yoga and pilates, mother or father and baby classes, and children dance/drama classes.It would also have a cafe and social area.

I am keen to see what level of interest there would be?

What kind of classes you would like?

What prices you would pay?

Hope to get lots of feedback and comments.

Thank you!

Views: 1218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I used to do Odissi with Katie  - she teaches at the Urdang in Angel (straight trip down on the 341). Really recommend her, I only stopped because I couldn't do Thursday nights any more: https://www.facebook.com/katieryandance 

I'd be interested in pregnancy pilates, baby yoga, and dance classes for adults and children. And I'd pay around the £8 mark. Good luck with the venture, it will be great to get something here in Turnpike Lane.

I would be very interested in adult dance classes - jazz in particular. Also yoga and fitness classes. I would expect to pay around £8 per session.

I'd be very keen for that, especially if the classes were at the sub £10 mark. Yoga, pilates and zumba in evening and weekends would all be of interest to me, (although there are already quite a lot of yoga classes in Crouch End, so you might have quite a bit of competition, but most of them are at Crouch End prices).

I travel all over north and central London to learn Salsa & Bachata so a studio closer to home that runs classes would be great. The prices we pay range from £6-8 for one class and often offer two classes for £10.

You also like a gentle holistic class, I don't like yoga because I have weak wrists but something along those lines would be great.

Oh and evenings and weekends, the day time I would imagine would be for the kids classes and the evenings for the adults.

I would be interested if there was modern dance/ jazz for adults. Would have to be less than 10 pounds per class. As someone else has mentioned I am not sure a peaceful, comfortable environment is all that compatible with buggy access! I would want daytime classes not evenings so please don't restrict daytimes for children because I would not go for evening sessions

A bunch of us used to do Pilates on a Friday morning at Soth Harringay infants but our teacher moved away. We are struggling to find another teacher available on a Friday morning. We would pay £8-£10. So definitely interested.

Hello

I would be interested in dance and exercise classes for myself and dance classes for my teenage daughter. African dance would be good too. Pricewise - under £10  around £6 - £8 depending on the length of the session.

I would love to see a non-chain exercise place offering yoga and aerobics fitness classes that I can walk home from open up. I currently pay £50 a month for unlimited classes at Better at Highbury Corner. They run lots of classes but I am not very happy with the place for various reasons

Agree with Josephine. I got to Better but sometimes think it should be called Worse. The standard of cleanliness is low, for a start.

Thanks for all your replies so far.It would be peaceful when necessary and louder and fun when needed too, depending on the class but it will be a lovely studio with buggy access.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas re classes and prices or times.

Thanks.

Hi all!

You may be interested in this new dance and fitness studio in Turnpike Lane by the tube which is opening in a couple of weeks, www.omnida.co.uk they have dance classes in many styles and kids dance classes too which is great!  They do yoga/pilates and also rent out dance studio space so this might suit many of you on this thread!  They are having an open day on Sunday 6th September with free classes! 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service