Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Haringey Council have received an application for next years Wireless Festival in Finsbury Park.

This year the first weekend was for one day, next year the application is for the first weekend  to be for three days (1,2 & 3 July), followed by another three days the following weekend (8, 9, 10 July). 
The organisers will move onto the site on 24 June and depart on 15 July.
A slap in the face for local residents and park users.
Haringey Council want feedback by 17 December, which should be sent to the Haringey Event Office:  thema.channer2@haringey.gov.uk  (phone - 020 8489 1418)
quoting ref. no. HGY02419

Tags for Forum Posts: finsbury park, finsbury park events, wireless festival

Views: 644

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for this info. I hope they actually listen to the feedback as this years festival made a much harder impact than last years and it's not right .

Hi Konrad, is the application available to view online? Thanks.

There isn't anything posted on the Council web site.  I received the info from the Stroud Green Residents Association which forwarded an e.mail from thema.channer2@haringey.gov.uk [Subject: General Notification for Application - 'Finsbury Park Concerts. Wireless Festival' , Application No - 'HGY02419'] - suggest you contact him.her.

Konrad

Thanks very much. Strange that this can't be found online but only if you happen to be on the right email list!

I had a look on line too. It's not a planning application as far as I could see - these have the reference number format HGY/year/xxxx (four digits). The licensing application page doesn't show it as a current application either.

I have only sketchy information, but it seems that someone may have jumped the gun.

It appears that policy isn't always made by our elected representatives and they are the ones who ought to be calling the shots (for good or ill). Too often, the Council appears to be out of control.

--

The earlier Council 'Scrutiny' Review of these huge events heard much evidence from a range of sources. Over and again we heard the Committee seek to 'mitigate' the problems – but how do you mitigate the unmitigatable?

The Committee's (unconnected) Recommendations bear so little relation to the evidence heard, that the gap between them could be characterised as a chasm.

CDC
Haringey Councillor
Liberal Democrat Party

Well, I think I've found where you make the application but can't see how you view applications that have been made

https://www.eventapp.org/haringey/

Thanks Michael. I see that the site states:

"A major event with more than 10,000 people we require a minimum of 9 months prior to the event date."

Given the Wireless capacity is 49,999, is that a licensing requirement, or just a council 'nice to have' I wonder. Of interest to FoFP if the former, I'd guess....

I know that the Licensing Act required councils to have a licensing policy but don't know if the contents of the policy are governed by law.  However, if the Haringey policy says that an event of this size has to give at least 9 months notice they should be held to that.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service