Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi there all

We have just moved into a property in Lausanne Road and were informed (before we moved in) that in the last couple of weeks there have been foxes coming into the property overnight.

I had not seen them until last night (midnight).  With all the lights off, I was watching the garden and saw at least 6 baby foxes and what looked to be 1 large parent (possibly mother fox).

They have been causing a right mess, knocking over all our pot plants, taken shoes and digging up our vegetable garden.  I have been very careful to not leave any food or rubbish outside but they still come into the yard.

I covered up all the holes in the fence however they are now coming over the top.  I tried the old chilli powder trick and that worked for a couple of days and now I am about to invest in one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Contech-ScareCrow-Motion-Activated-Deterren...

Has anyone else seen these foxes and worked out how to keep them out of the property?

Tags for Forum Posts: foxes, repellent

Views: 1988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Footsteps on your bed :-0 Ok - you win!!!!

My foxes have a delightful habit of rooting earthworms out of the ground, chomping them up, then vomiting piles of undigested inch long sections of worm onto the lawn.

Sorry - I should of course say - don't read this if you're eating dinner.

:-D

Nah, snaffling your Weetabix is worse than checking out a place to snuggle.

Wow Pamish, it seems uncanny. Two mornings ago woke up to empty box of kentucky fried chicken and a tango can in the back of garden. The day before it was pieces of pizza. I thought it might have been neighbours but now beginning to think it is foxes. I will keep a closer look out now.

I get alot of that type of thing in our yard as well, Chicken boxes, cans, and general rubbish, most likely the work of a fox.

We lodge a metal trellis in our open sliding door - when it's late evening and foxes are around. We did get a quote from http://www.thescreendoorcompany.co.uk/ but decided to go for our own cheap trellis solution.

Hi Justine,

Seeing what FinsburyParkRanger says below about rats, I would make sure the door is proofed against those as well as against foxes!

Seriously, I have been drinking tea in someone's back garden and seen one of the little beasties nip through an open back door, probably following the smell of cakes. Fortunately the lady of the house was just coming out with these, and the rat ran back out again

Foxes eat the rats, they're exemplary rat catchers. Food for thought.

http://youtu.be/GRLpjPGg_-0
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=vDFjHkbPXi8

They can be delightful. I'm less bothered by the nuisance these days than of having a wild animal inherently unpredictable in the house and garden with babies and small children.

Anyway.... the above is a video of the glenwood foxes frolicking- before our relationship deteriotated! (Have trouble pastinglinks Iinto the right place on my phone.)

I hope that fox's beauty regime included de-fleaing Jess!

those foxes look so cute and I used to be a fan but lately, not only have they terrorised my cats so i know have to keep a litter box in the garden for when they are too scred to go out

But the last few days they have been wrecking my garden, dug up 1 of my big plants, scatter a massive tun of blood fish and bone all over the gravel and this morn got up to find they had completly pulled my mat apart- so basically wrecking my garden, and giving me constant mess to tidy up

hopefully they will move on soon      

So yeah the foxes have been over regularly in the past week, but I finally got delivered my water scarecrow.  It seems to be working but I just need to test different positions of it in the garden.

However this morning I woke up to find a medium size teddy bear in our garden as well as some fox mess in the garden.

I will be investing in some Scoot to see if that helps as well, but will keep you all posted.

The teddy bear made me smile.... sorry! Hope the scarecrow is if some use. We have put down another load of scoot and blocked up more holes. This evening a fox came into the kitchen twice while we were in there having dinner :-( Five people talking loudly......fearless doesn't really cover it.....

I feel your pain!

I always moan about the noise of foxes on my Twitter... people think Im mad. Then they come around and are stunned by the noise. 

Summer is worse. I am awake now at midnight as I can't sleep due to the noise. 

I dont think animals should suffer to please humans, but it's driving me nuts!

The thought of them in my house as some people are saying on this thread is OMG! 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service