Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

If, like me, you missed this interesting piece about Myddleton Garden in the Londonist last year, it's worth a look (though as ever with the Londonist, I don't vouch for the accuracy of the contents).

londonist.com/london/history/myddelton-house-gardens-history-visit

Interesting unwanted bits or not, Myddleton Garden is always worth a visit.

Tags for Forum Posts: days out

Views: 650

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And a tip - you can park in the side road opposite, rather than pay to use the carpark.

You can also get the 217 bus from Turnpike Lane, alight at the Turkey Street stop and it’s a 5 minute walk.

Top tip Michael! (What about a regular feature of cool and unusual places to visit in London using local buses and trains? I remember doing a post years ago about places I could take little kids without needing a car and I got lots of replies but regular reminders like this would probably inspire me again now they are teenagers! ) 

Great idea - lists could be filed in blog - in and around the hood - or elsewhere Hugh?

Hw many of you have visited the West Reservoir recently - behind the castle Climbing centre on Green Lanes, it has a café with gorgeous views and kayaking and sailing courses and clubs for adults and children alike - very peaceful with live music on Sunday lunchtimes. Walking distance or short bus ride from Harringay - buses 141 or 341.

I think the best way to link posts on the same theme  is via a tag (for example I tag all my posts about the natural world and environmental issues as “nature notes “ ) so we’d have to come up with a short memorable tag - something like “days out” perhaps? 

Like the idea of a Days Out tag.  When visiting Myddelton House there is also Capel Manor horticultural college and gardens, Forty Hall and the excellent Clockhouse garden centre - all short walks from one another.

I've started the tag and written about it here

All suggestions for places to visit most welcome!

Thank you for the link - will have a look - haven't been there in a while.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service