Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I am posting this as part of a wider effort to reach EU citizens living in Haringey. The current chaos with Brexit means that EU citizens resident in the UK need to apply for what is called 'settled status'. If you all know this, apologies, but my recent contact with officers working on this, and assisting my with my neighbours has raised my level of concern.

Haringey is home to 42,000 EU citizens so this is a big issue for the Council, and it is our duty to ensure people know what they need to do. 

Links to the government website , the Bridge Renewal Trust and the Haringey website page on this issue are below.

I am told it is quite straightforward to register- the issue is people knowing they need to do this. So if you know someone who might need to register, please tell them and give them the links. Or, if you think it might apply to you, please read the links. People here for less than 5 years need to apply, but even if a person has been here for decades check it out. My understanding is that it could affect any children, even if the children were born here. 

Any issues - please contact me - zena.brabazon@haringey.gov.uk


Zena Brabazon
Cllr, Harringay ward

Deputy Leader of the Counicl

Cabinet Member for Children and Families

Views: 224

Reply to This


© 2019   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service