Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I saw this sign going on ebay the other day for £199. I thought some railway buff would snap it up. But, I'm clearly not au-fait with just how keen these folk are.

I think Harringay has a certain place in the hearts of railway folk. Well, it clearly does. The price has been rising stedaily. It now stands at £1,345.

Like it? Get your bid in.  As of the time of this post, you only have 5days 18hours left. 

I wonder what the final price will be.

Views: 1021

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wonder how people get hold of these haha!

What a gorgeous bit of kit!

Crank pedantry: The blurb in the listing isn't quite accurate, the seller referring to Harringay West (as was) being adjacent to the stadium. Harringay West is the station on the East Coast Main Line - during the era of this sign the station was actually named for the stadium itself. Reckon I could forgive that if I had £1,500 lying around, even though it's pretty battered!

It is telling how rarely these come on the market, that a sign in this condition from a minor station is going for so much!

If I was opening a business on Green Lanes I'd be putting all I had into getting this to put it on the wall! I suspect that's just me, mind...

As featured in this old clip of the Beatles playing Ticket to Ride.

Great Beatles clip! Did anyone ever find out why Harringay West WAS chosen for this Beatles music video?

This eventually went for £2,351.

A little out of my budget!

I pity the poor sod who was outbid by a whole pound!

Such a lovely piece. I hope whoever's bought it restores it.

The last bid was £51 about a minute before the end. But there was no last minute scramble. I was surprised the the other bidder wasn’t watching and counter-bidding. I would have thought that only the ultra-keen would be bidding and so would be keeping an eagle eye on progress. 

NEVER restore one, that would ruin the value of it! For those that don't know these signs are called Totems and they can go for unbelievable prices. The record is held by a Westcliff on Sea sign, £10.400.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service