Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

How do we get our babies weighed (now H'gey has closed half the centres)?

Hi, can anyone help?

Having turned up to a locked Woodlands Park Children's Centre last month and put in a complaint to the council about an utter lack of information, I've kind of put in as much effort to getting my daughter weighed as I can bear.

Does anyone know where to find out days for baby weigh in? I don't want to individually call all the children's centres to find out.

Council response to my complaint / question was also infuriatingly uninformative. Pathetic.

Thanks

Tags for Forum Posts: baby weigh, children's centres, childrens centres, weigh in

Views: 2351

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Out of interest I had a look at the list of children's centre on the Haringey website. They don't list the opening hours which is rather pathetic

So did we 12 years ago. Just looked on their website but nothing there!

You can go to the big medical centre on Park Road in Crouch End for baby weigh-ins, every Friday morning I think.  It's where the Health Visitors are based for that side of Haringey.   Woodlands used to do the first Thursday of the month, 12-2 or something (last year), but clearly none of this is on their website.

According to an out of date activity timetable on the council website, the Ladder Children's Centre offers this service on the first Tuesday of each month from 1-3pm. Tel 8340 7138

The Ladder children's centre closed permanently last month.

Children's Centre Closures

Blimey, how did I manage to miss that bit of news?

On the upside it has meant that South Harringay Infants/Juniors now have a venue for their own after school provision....

I'm not convinced that is an upside compared to losing a Children's Centre.

I always took mine to the baby clinic at my GPs surgery....

I found this on the Bridge House Medical Centre website, but clearly this information is out of date....at least they have telephone numbers so you can call and check...

Centres for Baby Weighing ONLY

These centres are 'Drop-In' so no appointment required:

Woodlands Children's Centre, Woodlands Park Road, N15 3SD
Tel: 0208 802 0041 1st Thursday of the month 1:00pm - 3:00pm

Broadwater Farm Children's Centre, Adams Road, N17 6HE
Tel: 0208 885 8800 2nd Thursday of the month 09:30am - 11:30am

Triangle Children's Centre, 91-93 St Ann's Road, N15
Tel: 0208 802 8782 3rd Thursday of the month 09:30am - 11:30am

The Ladder Children's Centre, Pemberton Road, N4 1BA
Tel: 0208 372 5008 1st Tuesday of the month 10:00am - 12:00pm

Lordship Lane Health Centre, 239 Lordship Lane, N17 6AA
1st Thursday of the month 10:00am - 12:00pm

Rowland Hill Children's Centre, 315 White Hart Lane, N17 7LT
Tel: 0208 808 6089 4th Wednesday of the month 09:30am - 11:00am

As mentioned above, The Ladder has now closed :(

I have the new Woodlands Park timetable, weigh ins are 1-2.45pm on Thursday May 5th & June 2nd.

My neighbour takes her baby up to John Scott Health Centre, the other side of Manor House on Green Lanes. Not sure which days, but definitely a drop-in.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service