Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi everyone. We’re looking to replace our fence, and have had a couple of quotes, but they’ve differed wildly, and both have been more than advice on the internet suggests should be the price.

In researching, it appears that fences should cost around £100/panel. Does this sound right? Or is this figure out of date? The quotes we’ve had have been for £300/panel (!!!) and £185/panel.

Any thoughts or experience you can offer?

Tags for Forum Posts: fencer

Views: 758

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No one?

Clock the tag I added under your post. 

Thanks Hugh. I started off by searching for fencing recommendations, but I couldn’t find one that suggested how much a fence should cost. Without that information, it’s very difficult to decide if the quote that you’ve had is reasonable. We had planned on doing it ourselves at one point, so I have a pretty good idea of what the materials cost is, but was trying to decide how much extra I ought to think about paying the contractor.

Thanks Tris. Yes, we’d priced up the materials, so I had a good idea about those costs, but the first quote I had seemed so outrageous (from someone highly and repeatedly recommended on here, btw), that I thought it’d be useful to know what other people had paid. I think he really didn’t want to do it.

The old fence is already removed, and we’re happy to do the pruning etc. Maybe the second quote, at £181/panel, is still high.

Thanks for your input.

Hi Osbawn. Thanks for the recommendation. Without meaning to pry, can you tell me the price per panel? I realise (as Tris says above) that the price will vary depending on the number of panels, but it will give me a ball park. If you don’t mind?

We’re really not considering DIYing it. I’d like it done properly!!

I used Blue Oak Fencing to do all our fencing in the past two years, prices were extremely competitive and they did an absolutely fantastic job.

Call Simon for a quote: 07960722338

Thanks for the recommendation. I’m really wondering what constitutes ‘competitive’ so that I know what to expect. Do you have an idea of the cost per panel?

I don't know how many panels, its 6m in length and cost around £430.  I also paid extra to get featheredge fencing which is known to be more strong and its also quite tall (approx 6ft) for privacy.

Thanks Anka. I've had quotes from both those places, and as I said in my op, they differ wildly. I fully appreciate the factors that can affect the cost. People will say 'try this guy - he was very reasonable', but I'm trying to understand what constitutes 'reasonable'. if someone has had 10 panels replaced and it cost them £1500, then they'll be able to calculate the cost per panel pretty easily. It's a way of comparing prices without having to know how big the fence is. Plus, I'm not asking for anyone here to quote for my fence, but merely wondering what other people have paid.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service