Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hello everyone

I’d like to introduce myself – I’m Marika Gauci and I will be running the new Chestnuts Market held at Chestnuts Primary School. N15.  Launch date is Sunday March 15th, which is Mothers Day,  then every Sunday. 11am – 3pm.

A brief background: I previously worked in the music business: performing, recording, song-writing and event management for many years before trading up for the glorious food industry! 

Inspired by visits to the legendary Borough Market, I started assisting in cookery schools, trained and worked as a professional chef, organized many pop ups and catered for films. In 2009 I started my own small cookery school www.marikas-kitchen.com where my pie classes in particular took off, and to this day, I run large Pie making workshops in the City. In collaboration with www.school-of-booze.com we run Pie Making/Beer Tasting classes for parties and corporate events. I am also a published author of a cookery book – The Little Book Of Pies (Square Peg) and have appeared on television and radio including the Good Food Network and BBC London.

As a Green Lanes resident for 17 years now, I deeply love the area and passionately believe in contributing to the continued improvement of the locality in any way I can: I covered management of the previous Harringay Market for 6 weeks and also supply our www.harringaylocalstore.co.uk with fresh hot pies three times a week.

I believe the location www.chestnutsprimary.com is perfect for a local market as we are a short walk from the High Street, are on two main roads and opposite is Chestnuts park –the park café is not open Sundays, so think of those sunny days where you can get scrumptious treats and drinks for your picnic.  The area incorporates Tottenham, Haringey and Harringay.  The School has kindly aloud us all to use the front playgrounds, so lots of playing for the children whilst parents and friends relax on the plentiful seating and shaded areas.

I hope I qualify running this new market for our area, I have lots of plans and excited to share with you.  I am lucky to have some really amazing local friends who are helping me (Martha, Emily, Helen, Cara, Jorja, Georgina and Clive) Thanks guys!

I have secured some wonderful producers and food stalls already – but we are always looking for more, please do get in touch ASAP if you would like to join the fun or have any suggestions.

Chestnuts_market@hotmail.com

@ChestnutsMarket

www.facebook.com/ChestnutsMarket

Will keep you all informed – Bye for now.

Marika

Tags for Forum Posts: Chestnuts, Haringey, Market, Sunday, food, in, market

Views: 5870

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks x

That's great. Will we see some of the old Harringay Market traders there? I'm thinking about Marsh Produce in particular.

Hello!! Yes Marsh Produce is joining Chestnuts! Debs is great!

That's great news. I miss her seasonal sausages!

I was going to ask exactly the same question - Marsh Produce was one of the main reasons I went to the old Harringay Market when it was at South H School so I'm really pleased to here she'll be at Chestnuts. Can't wait for the opening now!

Same here, they rock. 

Great. I can see you from my flat! I hope you have pecorino di pienza!

will look them up - I am speaking to someone atm but nothing confirmed, do you know their dets Robert? xx

It's a type of Italian cheese. At the Kurdish Centre Market the best 2 stalls were from the 2 Italians that sold cured meat and a great range of cheeses. Sure they would love to present their produce if only to sell to my wife and I!

Hope you get people in who are affordable and competitive with the Green Lanes. No point in overpriced coffee found cheaper elsewhere!

Ha! Dopey me. Yes I know the boys Raw Cheese Power - I have confirmed Wild Cheeses -Tottenham Cheese makers but would love to see if the market has room for another cheese stall, I am in touch with Raw cheese power - so fingers crossed its a busy market.  Coffee from Craving coffee again another Tottenham comp x

Fantastic and very close to me - I look forward to it!

Brilliant!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service