Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Live video link for simultaneous launch of "100 by 100" exhibition in Harringay & Istanbul

'100 by 100' - 100 photographs, each by a different photographer

Yesterday afternoon, Cafe Lemon co-owner Cem Kaplan, launched his "100 by 100" exhibition simultaneously in Harringay's Cafe Lemon and a cafe in Istanbul.

Cem commissioned 100 Turkish photographers to each take a portrait for the exhibition and decided to launch the exhibition with exactly the same works in two locations at once. A live video link enabled the crowds gathered in both venues to share the launch.

A live video link to a cafe in Istanbul connected the two venues for the simultaneous launches

Cem explained that he and business partner Irfan want Cafe Lemon to be more than just a cafe, "I don't want to be too grandiose about this but we want to create a space where people can not only enjoy good food, but one that can help enrich community life in whatever way it can. I'm a keen photographer and this seemed like an interesting way to share my passion and to offer an interesting experience to the people who live in Harringay and those who visit Green Lanes".

Cafe Lemon's co-owner Cem Kaplan with Councillors Nilgun Caver and David Brown

Harringay's 'good and great' were in attendance to show their support. Shefik Mehmet, Chair of Harringay Traders was clearly thrilled with the event.

He shared his memories of his arrival in Harringay in the 1960s, when the Cafe Lemon was a Wimpy.

"I would never have believed that I would one day see a cultural event of this nature take place in Harringay. This is Harringay's time. It's very exciting for me".

Shefik Mehmet, Chair of the Harringay Traders 

David Lammy and Cllr Canver formally open the exhibition

Hot from his appearance on Question Time this week (catch it on the iplayer if you missed it), David Lammy joined us and cut the cermonial tape (fittingly film strip was used this time).

It's good to see this type of event in Harringay. Even better if it really could be the start of a trend. Pop in for a coffee and take a look if you have a few minutes to spare.

Kaplan gets in on the action as he grabs a few moments to take some shots of Shefik Mehmet

Tags for Forum Posts: cafe lemon, cafe lemon green lanes harringay london n4 review

Views: 685

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Loved it. Thank you Hugh  

Lemon Art

It would be very nice to see the photos from the cafe in Istanbul too if possible!  :)

You mean the equivalent of what I added to this post, the launch event snaps?

Hi, yes it is on our program, please flow us http://www.facebook.com/lemonArtUK

or http://www.facebook.com/CafeLemonUK 

Regards

Oh, and Cem, by the way, isn't 't it about time we saw you guys on Twitter?

We are on  Twitter  @cafelemonuk

However, we are very lonley nobody follows us 

Well we'll do our best to get you a few more followers, but it might also help if you tweeted.......maybe even just once to say hello?

I can't believe the power of “harringayonline.com” within 50 min I have 8 followers . Thank you guys.

Just remember that when you're allocating your marketing spend! ;o)

I will, as soon as I get some response for my "customers wanted" sign

http://www.facebook.com/CafeLemonUK

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service