Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

When: 12pm, Saturday 27th February.

Where: At Highbury Corner (next to Highbury and Islington Tube)

Map: http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=51.545708,-0.102246&sp...

There is a march taking place this Saturday from Highbury Corner to the Whittington Hospital in order to protest about the proposed cuts to A&E services.

It is an apolitical event, attended by all political parties, trade unionists and community groups, so please feel free to come down.

I look forward to see you there,

David

Tags for Forum Posts: health, whittington hospital

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What Mark said.

See also the thread about the changing face of UK high streets that shows a 32 percent drop since 1997 in hospital and clinic numbers.

Apolitical? Seriously?
By apolitical he means that it has not been organised by a political party. There is another political party that are gaining a reputation for claiming that work done by the community has been done by them so I understand why he's said this.

@Kit, go back and read the criticisms that were made of that 1997-2010 chart. It's useless, I can't believe it was posted. I feel like finding some other offensively bad data and posting it myself.
@John: The institution known as 'The Office of David Lammy MP' is hardly above claiming that work done by the community has been done by them, any more than the Lib Dems. Just a few days ago I had an email beginning: 'Come and join me on Saturday for a march to save the Whittington Accident & Emergency department.'
The rest of the invitation consisted of a parade of Labour luminaries: Clair Kober, Karen Jennings, Jeremy Corbin and the S.Islington MP etc. Trades Unionists got a passing anonymous mention. All signed by 'David'. (I assume that wasn't Cameron or Schmitz)
Then of course there's the 'Labour News' A3 poster ('Delivered free by Labour's team in Haringey at no cost to you') through our doors last week. That's the 'Save our A&Es' splash where 'Labour is leading the charge' with David & Karen posing under the Whittington's 'Labour Ward' sign. (Could that be Harringay's Labour Ward? I don't think so.)

Once again it's a case of 'There go our people. We are their Leaders. Let's follow them or we'll miss the march/vote.'

Oh, and I think Kit's right. Non-political ain't apolitical.
Oh, and I think Kit's right. Non-political ain't apolitical.

Perhaps Kit had a very good education at some kind of grammar school where he was taught the difference. I've certainly learned something new today.

Funnily enough, I think the nuance will be lost on most voters.
"Perhaps Kit had a very good education at some kind of grammar school where he was taught the difference"

Aw, thanks, @John. But that very good education came from state-run schools.
They come from the Daily Mail/The Conservative Party. See here.
Based on figures released by the Department of Communities and Local Government, which suggest the UK has 580 fewer hospitals and clinics today than in 1997.

Apolitical implies 'not political'. An issue of cross-party interest is 'nonpolitical', surely?
"I'd still like to know exactly where I can access the source of these figures and if possible some expert commentary. I'm not an apologist for the Labour Party but it is generally accepted that they have boosted investment in the NHS and education."

Sorry to get back to you late, Mark. For statistics and informed comment on the stealth privatisation of the NHS - data showing how more money is being spent on consultants and less on patient care etc - there's an excellent online resource at: www.keepournhspublic.com

Great march on Saturday, wasn't it?
It maybe apolitical but it's your party that is doing this MR LAMMY !!!!!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service