Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

... Next to jam in a jar. Refurb just started apparently. Big as well; it's a double shop front.

Views: 2004

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Think they have two veggie burger options now - I wasn't overly impressed by the selection before, but the new menu looks worth trying.

It's also not really your standard shisha place. I'm not sure I've ever sighted an actual hubbly-bubbly pipe while dining in there...

I'm put off by shisha too but primarily don't want to go somewhere that's dark and shiny! Hope they do well though - it's good that actual proper businesses are opening up.

Sounds great. I have to say, I do wonder how many more such stores can be supported in a relatively small area, what with Simply Organique and Woodberry Down's organic grocer opening up in the past few months on this side of the tracks as well. I think I'm eating around 70% organic now, largely as a result of this sudden influx. Not complaining! 

I am doing more shopping in Harringay though, rather than going to Wood Green/Crouch End. I did realise last night that the presence of Harringay Local Store (Not Another Tesco...) has actually increased my use of the Tesco opposite as I drift in afterwards...

Ha! I had noticed I was doing exactly the same thing...only for cat food, mind...

hey all! Just a bit more information for all those who are curious as to what's going on :)

http://www.harringayonline.com/forum/topics/beans-barley-organics-c...

Harringay: the new Crouch End.

Hmm, a mushrooming of organic produce, a chain coffee shop on the high street.

What other consumerist boxes remain to be ticked before your assertion becomes fact, I wonder.

Suggestions, all?

PS You surely don't mean the next MP will be a Lib Dem?             

[ no party affiliation]

Rents becoming too expensive for the independent shops, which are then gradually replaced by chain eateries and betting shops.

Waitrose

The newsagent with the organic stuff is News and Mags, by Duckett Road. They have lots of good stuff and are really friendly. They are happy to take requests and are trying to establish whether there is a market. I'd definitely recommend checking them out if you like to buy organic.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service