Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I had a fantastic time at the opening party of the inHOUSE Film Festival in the Warehouse District last night. There are still 4 days more to come tonight till Sunday!!

Here are a few pictures from last night.

The event was based in the ExFed Building - a former FedEx warehouse.

The first installation I came across was a huge long canvas which was rolled along as shifts of three artists painted on it accompanied by an assortment of musicians. Could have be pretentious - it was actually very enjoyable:

There was a bar a few food counters and lots of warehouse folk:

Another installation was by Hannie P (Hi Hannie) who had made an intriguing sound installation from old studio lights. Give it a whirl if you go:

Opposite Hannie was a compilation photo wall which represents two years of Finnish photographer Ossi Possi Piispanen's work:

At the entrance with the Maynard's factory in the distance:

Guests at the party:

And, like last year's Mayday Party in Catwalk, there was some great music:

And finally, I grabbed a couple of video clips - not enough to do justice to the whole event, but enough to add a little flavour:

Thank you to Alay for inviting me and Liz. We both had a great time. This is the third event I've been to in the Warehouse District now and every one had been excellent. I'd urge you to go to one (or more) of the remaining event days. More info on the event website.

Tags for Forum Posts: district", inhouse film festival, inhouse film festival, , warehouse district

Views: 2390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Doh! thats just the expressionism of the photographer!!! Hugh

Wassat?

Crappy video clip added at the end.

Tonight is Fashion night:

Had a great time at the festival this evening - my only regret was not turning up in time to get one of the delicious-looking vegetarian hotdogs being served up by the guys outside (Popdogs)? 

Great vibe and even more gorgeous inside than I'd imagined. Will be back tomorrow for coffee and film fun. 

Unfortunately, I missed the opening of this Inhouse Film Festival but having gone on Saturday, to see some of the films, listen to some great music and enjoy the art, I am going back again as well as do not want to miss its last day (which starts quite early at 11am) - Sunday 13th. To find the Exfed venue - just keep going towards the end of Eade Road. Oh, there is also some great cocktails to be had there too. What could be a better way to end the week?

Had a great time - bring it on!

Went on Saturday.

Highlights: 1. The short film 'Elevator Pitch' by Zak Klein. Hilarious, dramatic with great continuity! 2. Performance by Lucie Zara - Quirky singer songwriter https://soundcloud.com/lucie-zara 3. 'Scene in Metamorphosis' - One script and multiple interpretations of it. 4. Selina Mayer photographs in ExFed - love the moody black and white images. 

It is good to have such a mixed media programme to see in the local area. I like the spaces that they were held in. ExFed looks like a space where music gigs could be regularly held. Is this the case? Is the space available for photoshoots as my wife and I were looking for something recently? 

A few gripes (sorry): 1. Better information on how to get to the venues from Green Lanes direction as most of the actual signage was from Seven Sisters Road direction. I assume that as this event was heavily promoted on HOL then the audience would be coming from that location. 2. Could you have tidied up a bit more? This is meant to be a showcase of the Warehouse District and its creative community. The areas a bit of a scruffy mess in parts with rubbish right outside New River Studios. 

But overall thanks for the tip and hope to see more events here from the local creative community. Also my missus has a meeting with West Creative in Overbury Rd having followed the links via InHouse webpage. 

Plenty of us came in from the Seven Sisters side, there was more than one audience at this event.  - but agreed that signage from both main roads could have been a little clearer. I actually got lost despite living very close by and knowing a fair bit about where the warehouses are. I just wasn't sure which one was ExFed! (great name though).

I really enjoyed this event (so far) and will be back to catch a couple of films that looked interesting later. Earlier today, I particularly loved the documentary section, which I thought was particularly well curated. Did anyone else catch the double-bill of the German guy with his sillicone girlfriend followed by the cat-feeding chap? Absolutely brilliant - and very sad, and strange.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service