Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I found these FAQs on the Veolia website (linked from the Haringey website) for the new service

https://www.veolia.co.uk/haringey/services-facilities/services-faci...

My reading of it is -

The contract is annual and with a specific address. If at the end of the contract you don't renew, any bags you put out, if you have any left, won't be collected. Also if you go for the bin option it won't be taken away if you choose not to renew. It's yours to deal with.

Sharing with neighbours is possible but the collection will only be from the address of the person who took out the contract. If you decide on a bag sharing arrangement with your neighbours they will have to put the bags on your property for collection. If someone nicks your garden waste bin it will be of no use to them as it will only be collected from the address of the contract holder.

Veolia will only deal with the contract holder so if your neighbour's bags aren't picked up from your property as they should be it's up to you as the contract holder to sort it out, not them.

Tags for Forum Posts: garden waste, veolia

Views: 1155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh that'll work, for 12 months, yes it will....

I share your optimism John.

As a PS, if anyone from Haringey Comms is reading this perhaps it would be a good idea to send the FAQs to all councillors as I'm sure they're all being asked these questions.

I don't understand how this will work in practice. Are the binmen going to have a checklist of properties that are registered, and double check the address before collecting any sacks/emptying bins? Seems like they have enough on their plate already without having to check who is signed up or not.

How does it work for blocks of flats ?

Lord only knows John

They will be issued with smart phones that have an app on them. The app will be aware of their location and look it up in the list of registered properties. If the bin men spend too long on an unregistered location or wander too far away from the bin lorry then they can opt to have 20p deducted from their pay or receive a small electric shock from the smart phone.

I imagine they'll have a separate collection round that only visits addresses with contracts. It's how they do it for commercial waste.

At my parents in the North, there is a sticker with a house number + expiry date for the bin - you get a new sticker each year.

Don't know how that'll work for sacks though.

Me neither. 60 sacks (biodegradable so not that strong) and 60 stickers?

Biodegradable stickers too, eh?? File under 'first world problem'...    

Graeme, they’re the worst!!!!!!

A couple of days ago, I queried the date that the current free green waste service is stopping, how I could pay for it (don't want to, of course) and how the sacks will be delivered (I don't want a bin). I got a response yesterday from haringey.enquiries@veolia.com saying that garden waste will be collected until the 30th of November, and that they're working on an online system - see attached. They're clearly not ready to roll it out next week. Katie

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service