Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I found these FAQs on the Veolia website (linked from the Haringey website) for the new service

https://www.veolia.co.uk/haringey/services-facilities/services-faci...

My reading of it is -

The contract is annual and with a specific address. If at the end of the contract you don't renew, any bags you put out, if you have any left, won't be collected. Also if you go for the bin option it won't be taken away if you choose not to renew. It's yours to deal with.

Sharing with neighbours is possible but the collection will only be from the address of the person who took out the contract. If you decide on a bag sharing arrangement with your neighbours they will have to put the bags on your property for collection. If someone nicks your garden waste bin it will be of no use to them as it will only be collected from the address of the contract holder.

Veolia will only deal with the contract holder so if your neighbour's bags aren't picked up from your property as they should be it's up to you as the contract holder to sort it out, not them.

Tags for Forum Posts: garden waste, veolia

Views: 1155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is England! You don't need a plan if you can have a queue instead.

You middle class people with your gardens and blimmin Green Agendas, I don't know. Car ownership has been dropping here for years and with it the extra income from the CPZ. They're too scared to put the council tax up because the Tories always bring up Haringey in Parliament if they get a chance and the budgeting is done in such a way as to ensure that we still have money for re-branding and Haringey Pravda (which has outlived other local rags). It's not the council's fault, they're doing the best they can under difficult circumstances.

I'm tempted by the bag offer but Veolia don't give the capacity of the bags or their size or strength so it is a bit of a shot in the dark.  If the bags are flimsy (as was a suggestion below as they are biodegradable) then I may end up double-bagging and prunings may still poke through.  It would be really helpful if a HoL guinea pig buys some sacks and shows us all what they look like! 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service