Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I seem to have myself a rat problem. I saw a few posts recently on who to call (other than the council) to help sort the problem, but of course I cannot find them.

If anyone has any good recommendations that would be helpful. I believe they are making their way in through the now crumbling mortar gaps in my sewer out front and into the cellar from there. So, I may also need someone who can do some point work down there.

As you will imagine with something like this any suggestions accepted with both relief and gratitude...

Tags for Forum Posts: pest control, rats

Views: 1508

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cats aren't natural in the UK. Obviously likeplant extracts ( poison) they can be managed more safely, if people are aware of the risks

.https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/sep/21/miaow-row-over...
Suggesting cats over poison to protect the wildlife to deal with a rats nest between the wall is really stupid. Cats go on killing for years.

OK- got Dave Parnell in yesterday as Charlotte suggested. He spent the best part of 4 hours clearing our the sewers (front and back) filling holes with wire (though I now need a brickie to do the pointing) and putting caps on holes that should have caps.

I have to admit, before Christams I was in the sewer at the front of the house for several hours clearing it out as it had blocked because the inception trap had clogged up (someing I could not fix but David did) and I came out traumatised - and I really use that word accurately. I was in pieces for the rest of the day, even going to bed at 8 and sleeping for 12 hours. I hated it! Dave on the other hand could care less. Unbelievable.

We put poison down (its in a contained area in our cellar, so nothing else can get to it), and so far no evidence of any visitors.

Fingers crossed, but this guy was incredible doing what he did, and for the time he took I think incredibly good value! Lets hope he has solved the problem, if so he has earned his money!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service