Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Below are the confirmed results from the St. Ann’s ward by-election which took place on 6 October 2016:

Name of Candidate Description (if any) Number of votes Elected?
DIXON Josh Liberal Democrats 189
POLENCEUSZ Janus UK Independence Party (UKIP) 54
STEWART Ronald Andrew Green Party 323
TUCKER Noah Labour Party 1177 YES
TURRELL Ellis Lloyd Philip The Conservative Party 106
Number of rejected papers: 4
Turnout: 20.67%

Good news for Labour.

Views: 1737

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations to Noah. Not a party clone but someone who may start to question the smug attitude of Kober and co.

Labour still have 27/27 of the council seats in this constituency. We're living in a one-party state. PR is desperately needed to help rebuilt confidence and trust in our broken electoral system. The Conservatives and Labour both support the status quo. Sad times.

"Good news for Labour", says Makanji. Good news for residents?  Discuss.

Not good news to have a local representative who alarms the Jewish community and uses agressive language towards those who challenge those who seek to do something about the antisemitism in Labour such as that by his vice chair Jackie Walker.

Doubt it will do much for local residents unless you like placard waving. Maybe next up will be a demonstration against the selective schooling choices of Corbyn's shadow foreign secretary and shadow Home Secretary Thornberry and Abbott.

Welcome to Haringey. The home of Corbyn, heart of darkness.

Would this 'heart of darkness' include a fully funded public NHS; an end to invading other countries; rights at work; no more zero hours contracts; lifelong free education; more council houses and proper rights for tenants. Which of these policies of Corbyn s do you hate the most?
Phillip, (no insult intended) pull yer head back in. Your man won , be magnanimous.
I simply asked a question of someone who made an unfounded slur on Jeremy Corbyn. I am sick to death of the lies and abuse of this nature. What, exactly, is your point?
Talk, don't shout.
Everyone has an opinion, and they're all valid wether backed up by fact or not.
Classic! We're in a post truth/facts world so you're of course correct.

It shocks me to see the outright lies that make it into our press only to be followed by a tiny retraction at the bottom of page five. A lot of them these days are about the leader of the opposition.

You try planting some council houses anywhere on the Labour heartlands of the Gardens and Ladder and you'll see where your policies go.

This Corbyn euphoria disturbs me, because his cerebral non aggressive style of politics, will do nothing to energise the 'labouring classes', what used to be known as 'Rank and File' (now mostly UKIP voters) and in fact, only seems to be able to get the middle classes horny. I expect he and his lot to get bulldozed by the tory press and tory MPs at the next election .. sadly. But yes, he has earned position to lead his idea of what the Labour Party should be. Although it didn't work in 1983, 1987, 1992 ..

Are you saying you are opposed to these policies?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service