Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Due to be hauled by 'Tornado' this is a trip to York and Scarborough using the 'Orient Express' Pullman carriages so it will be a sight to behold. I think it's the first time this combination of loco and carriages has visited Harringay.

Trip details here . Passengers will have the full Orient Express dining service and will also therefore have deep pockets. It departs King's Cross at 0814 according to UK Railtours website. Live running times here. It should pass Harringay on the fast (middle) line rather than alongside the down platform.

[Next possible steam? Harringay GREEN LANES, Thu 18 July about 1015. Last Thursday of the school term - sorry, families.]  EDIT 17/06 - now unlikely to pass Harringay, routed via Stratford and Highbury, then Gospel Oak.

Views: 260

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for this, I went and watched it, I will be at the next one. Please don't let the lack of responses put you off posting again.

Thanks. Usually I post in the Harringay Steam Watchers group

https://www.harringayonline.com/group/harringay-steam-train-watchers 

- which anyone can join by clicking on the ' + Join Harringay Steam Train Watchers '  button to get updates.

For less usual events like last Saturday I'll also post in the general Local News area, which usually generates quite a few extra viewings, and certainly there was a decent turnout for the Pullman train.   And 'snappy stephen' posted a photo in the Gallery -here.

An update - the Thu 18 July trip is now likely to be rerouted away from Harringay, sorry for raising hopes.

Hopefully next up is now Sat 31 August.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service