Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just heard Street Feast are coming to Wood Green from this weekend. 

Great news 

https://www.streetfeast.com/visit-us/hawker-union/

Views: 4120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blue House is nice but nothing wrong with competition, come on Haringey council, pull your finger out

For those visiting Street Feast there will be a limited amount of local brewery Bohem available. And if they run out you can also visit Karamel just around the corner.
Truly great news that Wood Green continues to regenerate apace. Blue House Yard, Green Rooms secret garden, and now Hawker Union. I love it. I'll be there sooner than soon. All child friendly too I've heard from Mr Downey.

Couldn't agree more Christina

There's another thread on the opening of this venue- this business is only here because of the Haringey Heartlands development. This industrial area will be redeveloped into housing and businesses in 3-5 years by St William who, I understand,  are funding "in between" businesses such as this. If you're interested you'll find full details on the Council's planning section of their website, ref. HGY/2017/3117.

Anyhoo... Fun for adults

...and for kids

apparently there is a brewery opening as well with a taphouse seperate from Hawkers Union

The owner has tweeted "looks like we're out of Wood Green at the end of the month" this was following an earlier tweet stating "we have had such a difficult time with the local authority in Haringey", he has invested over 450k in the venue.

Considering they are operating in a number of other places Lewisham, Canary Wharf, Woolwich etc.. successfully you have to wonder what the Haringey council are playing at. 

Is Wood Green forever destined to be a place to avoid for a night out? or just avoid full stop.

Sigh. It's so depressing - lots of people offering to help out on Twitter but I think Jonathan Downey has simply had enough. He doesn't have to put up with it - there will be other London boroughs that welcome him with open arms. 

Just NIMBYism from the council who seem paralysed by fear of gentrification.

When it's not their own gentrification. Presumably this interferes with the plans to make Wood Green into the new Stratfield or whatever. The Knightsbridge of the north. 

I just realised I don't understand what " gentrification " means :S

I have seen the tweets from Mr Downey so asked for a briefing from Building Control. Mr Downey is tweeting his own viewpoint but he can contact me if he wishes regarding the complaints he is making about our regulatory services.

Zena Brabazon 

Cllr, Harringay ward

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service