Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Here is the list of restaurants within one mile (of my address) which are signed up to the 'Eat Out to Help Out' half price in August scheme.

Might be advisable to book ahead.

Views: 1242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good shout. When does the scheme start? 

I think it's from 3rd-31st August, all day/evening on Mon/Tues/Wed.

Has anyone been out to eat/drink anywhere locally that is asking customers to leave their contact details for test-and-trace?

I’ve eaten out five times so far and only been asked once

Interesting. Locally, I've been to two places and have not been asked either time.

Been to several places. They all ask

If you feel that you don't need to benefit from a tax funded discount for the Eat Out to Help Out scheme then please consider donating your discounts to a charity of your choice. Mine is Magic Breakfast. They provide breakfasts for children in school who would otherwise go hungry. 

I walked down Green Lanes yesterday and all of the Turkish restaurants were the busiest I've ever seen them with big queues down the street for each one.

I passed by on a bus and was really shocked to see the crowds outside Gokyuzu and others, no social distancing at all, lots of close contact. It was rammed out there on that part of Green Lanes. Didn't look like we're in the midst of a pandemic at all. 

This makes us all feel concern that  this lack of self discipline and attention to basic guidelines, will fuel the temporary closure of the restaurants most familiar to us.

Thanks for posting this as I was thinking of asking on hol if anyone knows. I’ll use my judgement to go at less busy times for distancing and safety reasons 

I went to HALA on Wednesday it was delicious as per usual. But I was sat by the window with another person on another table outside within 50cm of me this was at 6:00pm. There is massive pressure to fit as many in the restaurants as possible because of the amazing deal but this shouldn't come at the expense of social distancing. I am not in a “at risk” category But if we’re I would of felt very nervous.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service