Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi all

Reporting more by way of local intelligence than anything else, especially as this sort of thing actually seems to be quite a frequent occurence.

This morning around 9:30AM I saw a guy - tall, blue hoodie, blue jeans, grey baseball cap, light complexion, ginger beard, roll-up in his hand - very clearly casing houses along our street, including my own (near the bottom of the Ladder) as he probably didn't realise I had just come out of there and crossed the road.

He seemed to be looking for bins left haphazardly, peering into ground floor windows and looking up for open windows on the upper floors etc. Didn't enter any front gardens though.

He saw me looking at him and went back up the Passage. I lingered for a bit and saw him trying to look for access points into houses along the Passage.

I had to run and had other reasons to not take any further action this time, but thought I'd at least pass this on...

Tags for Forum Posts: burglar, suspicious person

Views: 1725

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh right wow - good to know.

Haha...a lot of the dodgy-looking characters I see around my locality all day, every day remind me of Jessie, Brandon and particularly Skinny Pete, with his sunken cheeks, beanie and atrociously scruffy attire - do they have any inkling of what grotesque stereotypes they are?

hahah good point - he even drives a red car like Jesse Pinkman!

Unfortunately, crime has become all too common. A few months ago we had £800 from our office in our presence from a colleague-he didn't even realise what had happened till 20 minutes after this imposter had walked off.

With timely information, at least some of these incidents can be avoided like your presence in this instance. I have set-up a WhatsApp ground 'Ladder-network' so we can instantaneously share information on suspicious activity. Please send me a message on 07766176405, and I will add anyone who wants to be part of the network.

Ahson

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service