Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Where can they be bought in the local area? Out and about in Islington & Hackney yesterday I saw a few places but transport all the way home would be an issue :) .

The place in Finsbury Park (I think it is called Christmas Forest) looked like it was opening yesterday however it is very pricey and we found the staff unhelpful when we enquired a few years back. Likewise the place in the forecourt of one of the guesthouses on Green Lanes between Homebase and the Finsbury pub.

Last year we bought one from a couple of guys who set up in the (now occupied) empty shop front next to Jam In a Jar. Price was good and the tree was very healthy and lasted well.

Would love to hear from folk where they are seeing Christmas Trees for sale in the area this year...

Tags for Forum Posts: christmas trees

Views: 851

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's too early. It's not even Advent for another week :)

The guys who set up near Jam in Jar are, I think, the same as the guys who used to sell in the courtyard on the opposite side of the road. If it’s them they’re from the family used to run Anthos florist in the shop next to Jam in a Jar.

They’ve always been pretty good, but their prices have been rising in recent years. Recently we found pretty good bargains from the market stall in Wood Green just in one of the turnings on the left as you go up the High Street coming from Harringay (I think it's Courcy Road). Theyre always pretty good value.

There is a man at the end of Rowley Road, junction with St Ann's Road opposite the ambulance station, who usually sells trees. I don't know how good they are though. We usually buy from Ally Pally garden centre but this year are ordering them from my children's school which helps a bit with their fund raising.

I always buy my Christmas tree from Anthos florist. Marian is coming back again this year in the Langham`s courtyard, opposite Jam in a Jar. He is always great, picking me the best tree. They last well, had no problem and delivers it for free. As for the prices, I always paid the same for a 6ft tree, £90. It was superb, a struggle to get it out of the house in January when dry, but well worth it. I was worried he is not going to come back now that he sold/rented the space next to Jam in a Jar, but he is coming back. 

I spent up to £55 in recent years. Last year I went to ikea and paid £25 for a tree and received a £20 voucher. I went late in the evening and had a few to choose from and it was a rather decent tree. I have a car but you could offer someone the £20 voucher to transport it home?

In defence of the people in Finsbury Park, we ve bought from there for the last few years and always had friendly and helpful service. Last year, a 6ft traditional (ie needle-shedding) tree cost us just over £40 I think. A supplier has set up near the tennis courts in Priory Park, Crouch End. I don’t know about prices, though - it looks very fancy, with lights and a marquee.

I used to always buy from the garden centre at Alexander Palace and they delivered. Great trees,reasonably priced,make sure they saw off the bottom two inches so you can keep the tree watered. Just get the bus up there and they have a lovely selection of tree ornaments and the odd gift too.Easy to look around d and they do decent coffee too.

Now we're nearer Christmas what are the winning suggestions? In particular, the best place to pick one up after work (so 7pm or so on a weekday). Will also be transporting back to Harringay by Shanks' pony so local is preferable. Cheers

We tried Anthos but they were asking £35 for quite a small tree when we had a look today, so decided to try elsewhere.

Took a walk up to Wood Green and there’s a couple there selling trees from a van onto the pavement just outside Savers. £25 for an even bigger tree (Nordman so very sturdy and shouldn’t drop) and easy enough to carry home when wrapped.

That place is my recommendation this year if you’re still searching.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service