Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I can imagine wheelchair users are over the moon about this bodge job on Wightman Road.

Or kids on scooters, or me on a skateboard. Can't beleive they've just left it like this. Am I holding my breath hoping they'll come finish it?

The narrowing of the road to fit cars in better is good in theory but it's making it a pretty hellish place to drive down when people realise they can't fit 2 vans going opposite direction at the same time. It seems they chose more cars of any kind of bike lane then?

Tags for Forum Posts: harringay traffic study, wightman road improvements

Views: 3373

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The council's unstated strategy is to maximise through-traffic on Wightman Road.

Haringey's published strategy does of course talk about walking and cycling but in practice Haringey (unlike neighbouring councils such as Walthamstow and Hackney) hasn't made significant progress promoting the active transport modes, since to do so requires filtering and other measures which reduce road capacity for private motorists.

In the face of a massive public health crisis caused by pollution and physical inactivity, Haringey's strategy is basically to fan the flames.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service