Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'garden' (9)

← Back to Gardening
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Seed swap results

At the last seed swap I took away several things that I have never grown before:  bella di notte, red orache and sunflowers. The first two…

Started by Dick Harris

4 Jul 31, 2013
Reply by Sam R

Plant sale held on Sunday 9th June at the Seven Sisters market

There is to be a community sale held on Sunday 9th June at the Seven Sisters market from 11am- 4pm.  It is right next to Seven Sisters un…

Started by clyde

1 Jun 5, 2013
Reply by Abi

Spring stuff swap

I wanted to find someone to swap gardening stuff with, as those big packs of food etc are too much for our small garden, so I posted this e…

Started by Mike C

1 Apr 13, 2013
Reply by Sam R

Nifty idea for container gardens

I noticed these planting arrangements at the Hornsey Vale Community Centre a few weeks back - thought they looked fantastic considering tha…

Started by Alison P

12 May 11, 2012

Wildflower beds - should Haringey make the change?

Hi all Have you watched Sarah Raven's tv series: 'Bees, Butterflies and Blooms'? Anyway, Sarah went around different areas of the UK on a q…

Started by Jeanette Sitton

11 Apr 29, 2012
Reply by letsgoletsgrow

A resident's Wildlife Garden

I'm building a wildflower garden. It's a friend's small back garden, on the Ferry Lane Estate in Tottenham, N17.   I've sown a selection of…

Started by Jeanette Sitton

10 Apr 26, 2012
Reply by Sam R

Wasteland into gardens? Noho Square.

Saw this really interesting article yesterday about how the abandoned “Noho Square” development could be turned into allotments where resid…

Started by Alison P

3 May 4, 2009

Plants going missing from front gardens

I realised last week that someone had nabbed the wallflowers from a pot in our front garden. Not to get the pot (it's still there), or the…

Started by Alison P

7 Apr 15, 2008
Reply by Liz

Garden thugs

Hello all Just stumbled on an old post of Hugh's about the terrors of planting non-clumping bamboo in your garden. More info and pictures…

Started by Alison P

2 Feb 8, 2008
Reply by Alison P

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service