Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Due to be hauled by 'Tornado' this is a trip to York and Scarborough using the 'Orient Express' Pullman carriages so it will be a sight to behold. I think it's the first time this combination of loco and carriages has visited Harringay.

Trip details here . Passengers will have the full Orient Express service and will also therefore have deep pockets. It departs King's Cross at 0814 according to UK Railtours website. I can't find live running times yet.

[Next possible steam? Harringay GREEN LANES, Thu 18 July about 1015. Last Thursday of the school term - sorry, families.]  EDIT 15/06 Now likely routed via Stratford/ Highbury & Islington, not Barking - Gospel Oak. Apologies for raising hopes. Instead look out for Sat 31 Aug about 0840 through Harringay - details here .

Views: 312

Replies to This Discussion

Gordon,

Will the T&H steam on 18 July be using Harringay curve or running the full line? Also what is it?

Glenn

Hmm, possibly only the Barking - Woodgrange Park section...

It's a Steam Dreams excursion from Southend East to Winchester via Upminster and Barking - details here.

But either I missed, or they've recently added, a pickup/setdown point at Stratford, which rules out Barking - Gospel Oak. I'm surprised there's a path for that through Stratford on a weekday.

I've qualified the original post above.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service