Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'harringay alumni memories' (10)

← Back to History of Harringay
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Few memories of 1960s Beresford Road

This from member Les: We manufactured Handbags from approx 1960 - 1975 in our small workshops that were situated in part of the back garde…

Started by Hugh

19 Aug 5, 2023
Reply by Geraldine

Ever Ready Factory

One of the Community Members asked me if I had any information on the Factory at the corner of St Ann's Road and Warwick Gardens. I'm not…

Started by StephenBln

5 Dec 24, 2021
Reply by Hugh

1962: Barbara Windsor, resident of Grand Parade, Harringay

"In 1962 I was working for the London Evening Standard taking a portrait each week for the newspaper's Show Page and working with the repo…

Started by Liz

13 Oct 21, 2019
Reply by John Shulver

Wine Gum Chum?

The following from flickr: When I was a boy, Maynard’s was a ubiquitous presence in the North London scene, with confectioner’s shops in e…

Started by Hugh

5 Sep 3, 2011
Reply by Hugh

Full List of Harringay's Shops for 1948

Many thanks to another ex-Harringaeite from the ether out there, Roy Smith. He has very kindly sent me a copy of what I guess what the equi…

Started by Hugh

4 Jul 17, 2009
Reply by Flower

More Memories of Harringay

A collection of Harringay memories: Growing up in Harringay on the 1920s I was born in Hornsey in 1923, and spent the first 10 years of my…

Started by Hugh

2 Dec 1, 2008
Reply by Liz

"I remember it as a surreal image, these silent masses trudging........."

Snippet from a London memories site: That was the name of the nearest tube station and the big pub on the corner of Green Lanes and Seven…

Started by Hugh

1 Nov 30, 2008
Reply by Liz

Memories of wartime in Harringay

From the BBC archive, WW2 People's War archive are these two remarkable eyewitness accounts of wartime experiences in Harringay Bombs over…

Started by Liz

8 Oct 6, 2008
Reply by Liz

What a crying shame it would be to lose the opportunity to connect with first hand witnesses to half of Harringay's local history

Walking back up the hill from getting some milk this morning, I thought I'd call on Carole (who gave me the Hewitt Road Coronation Party ph…

Started by Hugh

1 Oct 3, 2008
Reply by Liz

The Worst Street in London Between the Wars (Campbell Road, Finsbury Park)

Synopsis from Amazon.co.uk From the 1880s to World War II, Campbell Road, Finsbury Park (known as Campbell Bunk), had a notorious reputati…

Started by Hugh

1 May 26, 2008
Reply by StephenBln

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service