Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'architecture' (17)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New Historic England listings for post-war landscapes, parks and gardens

I know there's a few fans like myself of post-war architecture and planning on the forum so I'm sure they'll be interested in this announce…

Started by Liz

2 Aug 28, 2020
Reply by Lesley

The ugliest buildings in Harringay/Haringey?

The Daily Telegraph posted a collection of photos asking: Are these the ugliest buildings in the world?  From the twenty-one so far, the bu…

Started by Alan Stanton

47 Aug 13, 2018
Reply by Hugh

Sadiq Khan approves tower schemes rejected by Haringey

According to today's Architects' Journal, the mayor of London has given the OK to two high-rise schemes that had been opposed by the boroug…

Started by Stephen Games

7 Mar 21, 2017
Reply by JJ B

Hornsey Town Hall Tours

When the Twentieth Century Society came to visit, the members agreed it was amazing. It won awards when it was first built. These days it’s…

Started by Paul

0 Mar 17, 2015

What's wrong with the new Spurs Stadium?

CABE have pronounced themselves 'disappointed' with it, English Heritage find it 'incoherent and awkward'. Spurs fan and architecture criti…

Started by Liz

28 May 20, 2010
Reply by Liz

Design your own London skyline

In Hayes Davidson's own words:London's tall buildings polarise opinion and new proposals always attract the attention of an audience sensit…

Started by Liz

2 Feb 26, 2010
Reply by Hugh

Beautiful Metro architecture from around the world

Some truly breathtaking examples of Underground architecture What is there to compare in London? Anyone think of a Tube station that they…

Started by Liz

1 Dec 18, 2009
Reply by StephenBln

Now that's what I call a shopping centre

A new feat of architecture has risen in the Italian city of Nola, just a stone's throw away from the cataclysmic Mt. Vesuvius. Designed b…

Started by Hugh

6 Oct 1, 2009
Reply by pamish

Derelict London

I imagine that most people will know this site, but in case not, here's a link to Derelict London.

Started by Hugh

6 Aug 13, 2009
Reply by Hugh

Clocks Exhausting Poor Wood Green Tube Station & Offices Made from old Tube Carriages

Worth a look. And, below, worth a titter: Original clock photo from Flickr by Martin Deutsch.

Started by Hugh

6 Apr 17, 2009
Reply by Hugh

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service