Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Time to Tackle the Ladder Traffic Issue? - Policewoman cut out of vehicle after collision caused by car speeding down Ladder road

Last week a car speeeding down a Ladder road ran into the side of a police car travelling along Green Lanes on an emergency call. I am told that Green Lanes was closed for a while and the driver of the police car had to be cut out of her car by the fire brigade.

All Ladder roads suffer from traffic which as become worse since the closure of the Gardens. A number of people have mentioned to me that they are very concerend about the traffic due the the noise, possible damage to houses near the speed bumps and the safety aspect.

Incidents such as the one last week serve to underline the issue which we live with daily. Should 2008 be the time to tackle the issue with the council?

Tags for Forum Posts: Ladder traffic solutions, road safety, tfl, traffic

Views: 288

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I once walked from manor house station down green lanes to pemberton Road ,where i live, and saw 2 major accidents. Both were motorcyclists travelling along green lanes hit by cars trying to get out of the ladder streets. Anything moving at speed along green lanes is vunerable to stuff pulling out. To make any differrence we need to close off all the turnings that lead on to green lanes or close green lanes.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service