Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Need a replacement stainded glass in lovely old Victorian porch, next to door - quite a lot of glass bits damaged , old, missing....

Tags for Forum Posts: stained glass window repair

Views: 564

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I once asked an estimation for a similar repair to a place in Church Street, Stoke Newington. There is even another place in Blackstock Road that seems doing the same job. It's on the left after the traffic light to Brownswood Road going towards Highbury.
I didn't do anything with my door because the freeholder didn't want me to repair it even if at my expenses. Result: the door is still there with broken glass after three years (of complains).
The place up in Crouch End (just after the mini roundabout before the Y) which sells old fireplaces etc also does stained glass windows - not sure about repairs but, if not, they may know a man who can.
This place in Camden do courses, sell glass, and I'm sure would be able to recommend someone to repair your window.

http://www.leadandlight.co.uk/
The glass place in Crouch End just above the Kings Head, doesn't but did recommend a person to me that did and assured me he was excellent. Never got around to it mind : )
and that person's name and phone no is?
thanks have meailed them
Sorry SB

I chucked it ago ages ago as I never got round to doing my window.
There is also a place on Archway Road in Archway/Highate. They do a restoration service and have a studio you can visit. They also used to run courses where you can learn to do it yourself. Bloke seemed v friendly. Website address is:

http://www.thestainedglassworks.co.uk
I`ve used Lead and Light in Camden for years for repairing antique stained glass `Very good even painted in missing animals on a missing piece I had and you wouldn`t have told the difference ......not cheap but worth it. you should ask for Mark or Merrick. .....02074850997....you might have to take the glass there....Liam
Try Graeme Selkirk
50c Clarendon Rd
N8 ODJ
07931 553328
0208 444 9959
www.touchofglass.biz
email: graeme@touchofglass.biz

Replaced Edwardian front door stained glass panelling by copying the neighbours- beautiful work and stained glass workshop, real craftsman. He did a lot of the door panelling in Muesli Hill.

regards
Lynne
thanks will try this as prefer someone local - did hear from someone else but have now lost there name as been too busy again....
Liz at The Art Experience (parade of shops bottom of Muswell Hill) does repairs and new commissions (she runs the place and teaches courses there, including stained glass). I think she lives on the ladder too - can't get much more local than that. Her number is 07958 572929.

I took her course and could probably do the repair, but alas have no workshop...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service