Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi HOL. 

Rather than reawakening a discussion from 2012 which seems to favour Paul Simon and Bairstow Eves, I thought I'd start a new thread. Does anyone have any tips for Estate Agents with good sales records (for flats on the ladder) in 2014? Is it still PS and BE? 

According to Rightmove there are 60 within a mile of us and I need to get it down to a top three! I'd rather use a small local business than a big chain too... 

Here's the long list: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/estate-agents/find.html?locationIdentifi...

Any advice? 

Cheers,

Splinx

Tags for Forum Posts: estate agents

Views: 1389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Castles, although Winkworth have sponsored the Harringay Block Party so they could be worth a look too.

I have nothing but excellent things to say about Paul Simon. We bought from them last year and are selling through them this year. They work really hard for you, are very knowledgeable and consistently approachable as a team. Reuben, the Director there, is excellent and will go the extra mile. I've also dealt with Jamil and James, who are equally hard working and straight forward. I'd recommend having a chat with them to see for yourself!
Philip Alexander based on Hornsey High Street. Both Phil and Alex are great people and have provided me with excellent service over the last few years both renting and then selling. Definitely worth a top 3 I reckon. Good luck either way!

Yes, that's correct.  Good luck with the sale and move!

My colleague was considering buying a flat round here. She went to look at one with an agent from Paul Simon. Her experience was completely negative. She said the agent was like a used car salesman and the flat was completely over-priced for the state it was in. I think it completely put her off buying in the area and she's now looking elsewhere

Hi KP, I would love to hear from your friend with some details on the member of staff that she dealt with. Constructive criticism is always welcome. Best, Reuben - Paul Simon Residential Sales 020 8800 1177/reuben@paulsimonresidential.co.uk

Hi Splinx...despite buying from Paul Simon, I contacted 4 local estate agents when we decided to sell, as I wanted to test the market. All agents came to visit and it was really interesting to hear opinions of the current housing market and subsequent valuations. The guys at Paul Simon were the most realistic and straight forward of the lot. Selling and buying is such at stressful time (we're still at the stage of surveys and I'm 6 months pregnant - must be mad!) picking an agent that you trust is so important!
Hi there, I'm going to break my own rule here and shamelessly offer some brief info about me/my company Castles.

My business partner and I have run our branch (located on Turnpike Lane) as a franchise for 22 years, we train our team to be great listeners, attentive, humble and most importantly 'human'. This is reflected in the comments below:
http://www.allagents.co.uk/view-branch/castles-estate-agents/haring...

Three years ago we took over the South Tottenham branch as a Franchise... In a nutshell, we took all our Crouch End/Harringay marketing and applied it there, ahead of the Tottenham investment plan.

Here are details of our latest flat on the Ladder:
http://www.castles.uk.com/property-details/4909746/hornsey/n8-4#

Naturally we'd be delighted to give you some help and advice (as would our lovely competitors). As you've already identified, it's probably best to get three local agents in if you're wanting a valuation. As I said, I don't usually do this so I hope it comes across as sincerely as intended.

PS. Out of respect for other local residents we never stick a board up - unless you want one of course, our marketing is strong in all other areas so they're not essential to selling.
That's great, thank you.
Just give me a shout if you need any tips on how to enhance the value/saleability, or how far to go with DIY etc. I'd be happy to stop by and help you put a plan together.

pauk simon win hands down- they are infact the same staff who moved from bairstow eve a few years ag- I bought my 1st flat from bairstow eve, in 1997 and then sold and bought my second flat from bairstow eve in 2008

- which I repeat the staff have since moved to paul simon- tried other estate agents but pretty rubbish

staff at paul simon were totally realistic, got my property sold, lots of viewings etc- really pleased- will def use them when i eventually sell andd move on

oh yes when the estate agent first came round and looked after I had tidyed, cleaned etc- he basically told me to get rid of everything I could, declutter before he would take photos

- made such a differnce

We sold through Stewart at Brian Thomas a few years ago and found him courteous, professional and good at staying in touch. We went with BT as their percentage was the most competitive of all of the agents we contacted - and, happily, they facilitated the sale at the price we wanted. I can vouch for Reuben at PS and Steve at Castles for being decent chaps - would have been happy to go with either of them had it not been for BT's commission rate. At the same time, we were trying to buy a place through Winkworth in Harringay... we ended up walking away from the property and a major part of it was the poor communication from the agency, who were not keeping us in the loop about how the sellers were getting along (upshot: they weren't), nor did they seem particularly interested in keeping things moving and stopping the chain collapsing (which it did).

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service