Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I haven't had a chance to look yet, but it's clear that the presence of this major development will be made felt locally.

The image above shows the St Ann's Road elevation in sections. Click it and click again for larger sizes.

Tags for Forum Posts: st ann's hospital, st ann's police station, st ann's redevelopment

Views: 2742

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does anyone know where the current NHS services provided at St Anne's will move to?

My son is seen by the Child Development, Physio and Occupational Therapy services at St Anne's Road - of all his appointments these are the easiest for us to get to and mean he misses less school time.

Julie, I'd suggest emailing: Andrew Wright, Director of Strategic Development at Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust

Healthwatch Haringey is interested in hearing your views on this development:

http://www.healthwatchharingey.org.uk/content/speak-out

Email: info@healthwatchharingey.org.uk

Tel: 020 8888 0579

Totally agree, rushed through at a pace, whilst taking advantage, every which way, disgusting, corruption all for the sake of profits and lives not worth living in the area. I'm fuming as to no survey done as to the requirements of health service users and the added increase of services required due to an increased population of more than 10,000 new families in high capacity builds and little consideration for the need for wildlife. These corrupt planners and construction companies are only concerned with profits and breaking up the NHS into pieces to be over subscribed to, due to more families in the area to then be reviewed and sold off to the lowest bidder as with all the public assets recently. This my friends is the signs of health care for some and none for the most vulnerable, if you don't like it move out say to Chase Farm, oh but that's also going through the same proceedure, all this land is situated in nature reserve areas to benefit well being all set up in the Victorian times when outbreaks of viral infections required hospital services, the police station being there for over 150 years this present building was built in the style of the existing one.

There was an online petition against development which I among many others recently signed. Anyone know what has been the effect, if anything, of that? It was a website called Choice, I believe.

HB

Theres 100s who have signed and you should advise friends and neighbours to do the same.....its Change .Org and link is  http://tinyurl.com/nzr48su

But the urgent thing to do now is to put an Objection in to say that you want the site kept as a hospital site with more services like an urgent care centre,child  health centre and more gps on the site as we're losing surgeries in tottenham  all the time .Tell your friends if you want the last Hospital in Haringey .link is via........ http://haringey.gov.uk/application_comments   and look at Haringey Needs St Anns Hospital facebook and join us in the fight !       https://www.facebook.com/HaringeyNeedsStAnnsHospital,

Rod

HaNSAH

PS and DONT contact Andrew wright -hes in charge of selling off St Anns!!

Yes, Rod.  Which should put him in an excellent position to give a clear answer to JulieB's question.

Whatever someone's views on the proposed development, I would not wish to deny anybody access to factual information about which services are currently planned to remain on the site after development. Especially services which they or members of their family now use.

Agree, lame ducks, think we will only get sense out of the Greens, just saying, its all about profits and nothing to do with well being.

Apparently Landlord says that's what life is all about, well just so you know profits is all about gaining profit at the price of lives worth living.

Alan

I wasnt suggesting that someone doesnt complain to Andrew Wright abourt service -I misunderstood what you were commenting on .

All . Councillors on the Planning Ctte mostly seem very tame and there was NO concern that NHS land is being sold. Some concern about Affordable Housing (which BEH still cant give figures on!)   To his shame Reg Rice asked what protection by high fencing there would be between the housing and mental health facilities-discriminatory ? 

But put in as many Objections in  as possible. There are lots now saying that more  health facilities on this NHS site are needed and that the Council have not assessed health needs properly . Join them !   http://haringey.gov.uk/application_comments   and look at Haringey Needs St Anns Hospital facebook and join us in the fight !       https://www.facebook.com/HaringeyNeedsStAnnsHospital,

rod

When did Cllr Reg Rice say that?  Anyone record his comment so it's completely accurate?

Phil, being picked by the Kobertories to be on the Planning Committee doesn't indicate the quality of a councillor. 

On your broader point I'd go even further. In my view, all councillors have a moral responsibility to urgently seek out information and residents' views and to inform themselves not just about developments across the borough but the different analyses and theories about why we should or shouldn't have those developments. 

I'm told that last night at the church building (which they pretend is still Tottenham Town Hall) there was a pseudo 'consultation' meeting where people were asked what sort of Tottenham they want to see in twenty years time.  If that's accurate, then it's an interesting variation on "jam tomorrow".

"I'm sure I'll knock down your homes with pleasure!" Queen Kober said. "Two 'affordable' new homes a week that you can't afford, and jam in twenty years time."
Alice couldn't help getting cross, as she said, "I don't want you to knock down my home – and I don't care for jam."
"It's very good jam," said the Queen.
"Well, I don't want any."
"You couldn't have it if you did want it," said Queen Kober. "The rule is, jam in twenty years – never jam to-day. Today we can't even clean the streets. Actually, we can't even run a clean selection meeting for your ward.
"I don't understand you," objected Alice. "It's dreadfully confusing!'
"That's what we were hoping," said the Queen."

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service