Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Word has it that new Wightman Rd Deli, Moka opens this Saturday

Word on the street tells me that the long awaited new deli on Wightman, Moka, is due to open this Saturday. I'll try and confirm.

Tags for Forum Posts: Wightman Road, moka, wightman deli

Views: 250

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

REALLY looking forward to the opening. Although it is going to cost me a fortune on coffee and cakes on my way to work!
This in from the owner, Kevin, this morning:

Moka will be opening this weekend Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st July as trial days. This gives my staff  a valuable training opportunity and a chance for members of the community to have a small taste of the services and food items moka will be selling and gives your views. This will help us understand what you like and what produce we should be selling when we open
permanantly from the first weekend in August, Saturday 6th.

On Saturday we plan to open for 9 am and  we will be able to sell a selection of:

Coffee
Tea
Soft Drinks
Breads, Cakes, Tarts, Pastries
and hopefully also provide a small seasonal lunch/dinner menu.

Clearly a name with a heritage. Here's a still from a video Stephen just added:

The Moka at 29 Frith Street opened in 1953, a model for classic Formica cafes that followed.

I was their first customer this morning! Very exciting. They have done a beautiful job on the place - it looks amazing - and the owner, Kev, was lovely. The cakes and breads look delicious, and I can report that the pain au chocolat I had was top notch.

All the staff were friendly and when I said I'd likely come back in the week with my toddler, the waitress said that they have a box of toys for small children, so just ask when you go in.

Ruth (I'm posting on my husband's account - sorry for confusion with posting IDs!)

PS Incidentally for easily confused types like me, the photo on this thread is an archive shot of an older business - the new Moka doesn't have a name sign at the moment, just a green board. I did a double take when I saw the photo!

Nice, will check out! Hopefully a baklava free zone.. !

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service