Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I picked up a marketing brochure from the development at the top of Hampden Rd but was shocked to discover what they've done to the Mosque's roof?

Presumably the thinking is that people willing to pay £550K for a flat aren't going to want it next to a Mosque? 

Nice of Fairview Homes to embrace the spirit of Haringey's multiculturalism ;-)

Views: 1244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think you are right. At first, they would not let me view without speaking to their financial advisor which I refused. They then started bombarding me with texts. I went to view out of curiosity last weekend. The marketing material is quite funny. It talks about discovering Hornsey but shows a picture of Crouch End. The charity shops are being described as antique and bric-a-brac shops and shopping highlights includes The Mall, North London Vintage Market, Parlour Room Interiors and Black Gull Books in N2. I only know The Mall. The best plots were sold in Asia and there are some very odd shaped plots. Also interesting one of the pictures in the material implies that there will be a Starbucks having slipped in their logo.

@michael (HOL won't let me reply direct) ... interested to know how Enfield council is able to be so proactively leading the Meridian Water development, 1000s of homes, new railway station, jobs to be created, even signed up Field Day for 2019. Enfield have bought up extra land as well, now owning 80%. They're praised for their leadership/partnership by Arup, GLA and Network Rail.

Proving it can be done. When the Councillors have the Right Mind

As far as I know they are the first council to go down this route.  The initial developers (Barrattt) pulled out of the £6bn contract last year and a new group of developers was brought in this summer.  They have the advantage of a massive site (the one next to IKEA) and a new railway station which is incredibly attractive for investors.  The tenure mix is still up in the air but there so far nothing on the table apart from that some of the units will be affordable.  Other local authorities are watching with interest to see how successful it is but full delivery isn’t expected for 20 years.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service