The Campbell Bunk was the nickname for an infamous road in Islington, Campbell Road. In 1937 its infamy led to it being renamed as Whadcoat Street. In the 1950s, the whole area to the west of Fonthill road was cleared and redeveloped. Only a stub of Whadcoat Street now remains, where it joins the Seven Sisters Road. Other than that, a route through what was the back yards of the houses on the western side of Campbell Road is now roughly traced by a small access road called Haden Court.
This image was taken shortly before demolition. It is looking south towards Seven Sisters Road from the junction with Biggerstaff Street.
Add a Comment