Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local History (See History Group for main postings) (472)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Help Get Harringay's Local newspaper Added to British Newspaper Archive

The North London Mercury & Crouch End Observer (including the Harringay Mercury) is a great historical resource for Harringay, Hornsey…

Started by Hugh

3 Jun 19, 2020
Reply by Hugh

Was it My Car at the Ford Show at Harringay 1957?

Hi Everyone.  Wonder if anybody can go back to 1957 Ford Motor Show at the arena. This is really going to be a "shot in the dark"..... I wa…

Started by ROY BOWKER

1 Jun 18, 2020
Reply by Hugh

From Camden To Enfield: A Cypriot Migration Story (A Short Documentary)

Did you know that Haringey used to be the hub of the Greek Cypriot community back in the seventies and eighties? This fascinating 22 minute…

Started by Pavlos

15 Jun 15, 2020
Reply by Pavlos

1909 - The Tottenham Outrage and the Walthamstow Tram Chase

Dastardly Edwardian Deeds! In 1909 two Latvian anarchists held up a factory pay role - directly in front of Tottenham Police Station! Th…

Started by Richard Matz

8 Jun 15, 2020
Reply by Sally French

Steam power wall plaque at Harringay Green Lanes

If anyone in the Harringay hive mind can tell me more about the wonderful plaque at Harringay Green Lanes (almost hidden by the MaccyD's dr…

Started by Martin Malcolm

60 May 30, 2020
Reply by Martin Malcolm

Small kitchen range in bedroom

Hi all,  I've just moved into a house in the area and when removing the board from a fireplace opening discovered a small late Victorian ki…

Started by J

31 May 29, 2020
Reply by John Shulver

Victorian Harringay Novelist to be remembered with blue plaque

This article from the Independent has a wee mention at the end that renowned Victorian authour Charlotte Riddell is to be remembered with a…

Started by Hugh

3 May 27, 2020
Reply by Dick Harris

Tottenham Herald/Advertiser archives

Does anyone know if they’re available to view online? I am seeking several old articles from the archives circa 1970’s and am aware of libr…

Started by Ged

2 May 26, 2020
Reply by Steve McCarthy

Campsbourne Cottage Estate Hornsey- some history

I've followed Municipal Dreams for a long times, it provides some very good historical information about council/social housing. This one v…

Started by Ruth

2 May 12, 2020
Reply by Ruth

Images of VE Day 1945 in Harringay

What did residents of Harringay do on VE day 75 years ago? Find out from these images of street parties in the neighbourhood VE DAY 1945

Started by Liz

2 May 9, 2020
Reply by josephine

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service