Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

If you have a cool million burning a hole in your pocket, you could do worse than invest in the site behind the Salisbury. I'd never noticed it till I asked the barman whether they had a garden and, if not, what was behind the pub. The million pound figure is from him. My initial reaction was that he was telling a fisherman's tale. But then I saw the size of the site and maybe he's right. Look (excuse the dodgy camera phone pic):

It's being sold by Anthony Green & Spencer (020 7935 2335). So if you just don't know what to do with this month's spare cash, that's who to call. Or call them just do do some spying for site members!

So what's it to be guys - block of flats? Beer garden? Something else? What do you think?

Tags for Forum Posts: property, salisbury, st ann's road

Views: 270

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My choice would be a purpose-built training centre for staff at the Salisbury so it takes less than half an hour to get served!
As a Harringay kid turned German, I would always vote for a Beer Garden, but unfortunately it's not the right site for one.
1. It's North Facing 2. No trees (Good Beer Gardens always have established trees to sit under in the warm weather)... what? ...what warm weather??
No no, the site will end up being another unsightly badly designed block of swish A-p-a-r-t-e---m-e-n-t-s ... Flats is just too common a word.
By the way, where the bike is on the photo is where the 171 Bus stop towards Manor House used to be. This is where we always alighted on our way back from Shopping at Bruce Grove every Saturday in the late 1950s early 1960s.. The two doorways were public convienences I think?
Attachments:

Local Kickstarter?

EDIT - just realized this was from 2007, so probably too late

Luckily so far, no flats, but with property prices going the way they are I should imagine the owner is glad to have held on. This area is now to be the centre of a piazzish type development in the regen work so it may be treated with grater sensitivity by the planning committee now than it was in the past.

There's planning permisson to build flats on the site - I used tolive across the road and we got a letter to say permission had been granted. Presumably then no-one had the cash to make it viable!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service