Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Great progress so far - 182 (see my latest post for updated figures) signatures and ticking up by the hour.

Now, the question is, should we be doing more?

Paul Jenkins, chair of the Wightman Road N4 Residents' Association - to whom we all owe a vote of thanks for spotting the clause in the plan and writing the petition together with Ian Sygrave of the LCSP - suggested yesterday that we might produce a flyer to draw the attention of people who aren't on the site and get their support.

I produced one which is attached via the link beneath the red writing top centre column main page. I wonder if we oughtn't to agree here to get one or two people to volunteer to leaflet their own street . For people without internet access, the leaflet could also act as a written petition to be signed a perhaps posted back through the street leafleter's door. (This might also be good advertising for the site)

If each street has about, what 150 dwellings, that means each street would need a person/persons to print 150 leaflets and distribute them. Even better if we have someone office based with access to a copier who could offer to do a bigger copy run.

We're unlikley to get every street done. I'm happy to volunteer for Hewitt if we can get at least 5 other streets covered.

Am I bonkers? Will you contribute?

Link to paper based petition & flyer

Tags for Forum Posts: Wightman Road, traffic, wood green spd

Views: 393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oops, only just posted this and it's already out of date - 184 now.
I am willing to distribute leaflets on Lausanne road but have no access to a copier though. I can do photocopies at my office over a few days but would that look " serious" enough?

Sophie.
That's great Sophie. I'm totally with you on image, but I think in this case we do what we can. But, you never know we might find that some copier knight will charge forth.

I was just plannig to print off at home on the low quality setting. I think people are more likely to respond to the message than the image. WHat do you think?
I just printed it out at work and it looks good even photocopied. Now, what should people do with the signed printed copy if they are not registered on this site, don't have internet ect...?

S.
What I thought for Hewitt was just to write my address in there in the space provided at the bottom and then we can submit them all together. I'm happy to come round and collect any from you and others or, alternatively, give you my address to drop them round to.

The other option is to provide people with a Haringey Council postal address, but my sense was that this option may be less successful and we'd also not know te total amount of signatories.

What do you think?
Yes, it will be submitted under the joint names of Harringay online, the LCSP and the Wightman Road Residents' Associuation as a formal response to consultation.

I'd urge people to comment on the consultation and/or write to their councillors / David Lammy in addition to signing the petition.
That's now 191 signatures.
it's 195 now. i'll see if i can get some more signatures. [real ones, not Disney characters :p]
That's great Fana. Thanks. It's really good to get support for this campaign from the Gardens. I think we'll all be affected one way or another.
I'm happy to do Seymour, but it would have to wait til next week as I'm away from tomorrow til Sunday (which is the 22nd). That is cutting a bit fine I think, but better than nothing. Anyone else who could do Seymour before then, or share it with me?
Ok, Sunday is too late as the petition closes that day. Would be happy to do a bit of Seymour Rd tonight - any other takers?
Both the flyer and the foot-in-the-door versions should make an excellent complement to your online results so far. But we do need to put our feet where our mouth is, if you see what I mean.
I'll try to cover the hundred or so houses on my patch of Wightman - ie. from Duckett down to Seymour Roads tomorrow and Friday. Can anyone help Paul and Deepa with the Duckett to Alroy stretch?
I know that Maria Longo (at Number 214!) has often been a 'lone voice activist' at the other (northern) end. I wonder whether any of our Wightman N8 HOL members could help with the Seymour to Turnpike Lane stretch??

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service