Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Builders in the retail unit next to Tescos, finally something happening.  Thanks Haringay council  - it's only been lying empty for close on 2 years, hopefully it's not a takeaway or betting shop, but I wouldn't put it past them

Views: 619

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's going to be a 'financial services retailer' & the one next to it was going to be a 'continental food store' but we've been told is now going to be a travel agent. I had been hoping to do some sort of community enterprise there, with some input from turnpike art group but the leases had already been signed by the time I got my suggestion to the managing agent. am gutted :( 

Thanks for the update, dull but much better than the aforementioned.  Sorry it didn't work out that would have been much more exciting.  Does anyone use high street travel agents now???

A travel agent?! Oh dear. 

Oh dear or  

did someone mention front?  (Waits for backlash)

I like the owl but am confused? 

It was such a shame, the start up costs to fit the units out would have run into the thousands. we tried to work out how we could raise funds & manage the space but everyone's got full time jobs/families.  

Let's just say the image denotes skepticism

aahhhh, yes, me too. WGR was identified as 5th most 'unhealthy' road in London earlier this year. was really hoping these units would have been able to help us lose that title.

Hopefully not Wonga or similar...

Yes 'financial services retailer' sounds suspiciously like a pay day loan type place which is almost as bad as a betting shop. What a shame WGR isn't going to get something more community focussed. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service