Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Some may frown upon naming an shaming but I have come across the rubbish of XXXXXXXX 463 Green Lanes dumped on the side of the road. I have informed the council and hope he’ll get the appropriate penalty. It’s inexcusable and shouldn’t be tolerated.

Views: 997

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Koktas, whilst I applaud people doing anything to look after their neighbourhood and look out for their neighbours, because HoL gets hundreds of thousands of views each month, it's very important to be careful about identifying individuals under circumstances where they are potentially being accused of wrong-doing.

Whilst it's likely that the items you saw were dumped from the address on the label, we don't know that for a fact. So it's not appropriate to pinpoint a specific individual or flat number on HoL. Consequently your post has been amended to anonymise the details.

Fair enough - i was half suspecting this might raise flags - in any case the information is now with the council to investigate further.

Koktas, I regularly use Haringey Council's app report rubbish and encourage anyone else seeing a dumping o do the samw, So well done for that!

In my experience it works pretty well. It's not perfect, but it takes about a minute t report a dump and things are pretty reliably cleared within 48 hours. 

You can download it here.

Yes I am an avid user of the app and whilst it's true that it lands with Veolia, they must, at some point report that information to the council.

Therefore, a critical mass of individuals diligently recording instances of dumped rubbish should make an impact. Even if it causes Veolia to argue with the council that they have to revise their service level agreements because the ladder is a massive dump and the council doesn't do enough to change this... here's to hoping...

I wonder what the critical mass is? Apparently there were 356 reports today:

That includes all categories of reports - blocked gullies, potholes, graffiti, overgrown hedges etc. 215 were for dumped rubbish.

I find the dumped rubbish reporting works fairly well but as someone else said it starts to feel like a job when you're doing it every day.

Other types of reporting don't seem as effective e.g. there's a blocked gully at the top of Falkland Road which causes the pavement to flood every time it rains, I think I first reported it just after xmas but it's been like that for months. My reports get closed down as "completed" but the problem is still there (I reported it again today).

Thanks for highlighting this.  I'm happy to do my part for what it is worth - 3 reports from a 10 minute walk this morning.  Rubbish in the streets is something I find really depressing, it really does drag an area down.  And we seem to have plenty of it.  

won't that amazon barcode have an address on it? 

You should see the end of Glenwood Road most days,

I have actually given up on the app. It gets the stuff cleared up- but I'm beginning to feel like its a full time job reporting the filth that someone else constantly dumps... I just can't be bothered anymore..... 

I can imagine. I went to Germany over the easter break and it was a damn near cultural shock coming back to the borough. Rant over.

I think you should continue for as long as you can but I can appreciate it's a pain and i have gotten a few odd looks whilst photographing rubbish, so it also carries the risk of reprisals from penalised residents...

I'm not aware of any resident being penalised as a result of a report via the app. Careful, Kokats; Careless talk costs cleanliness!

Haha that's fair point taken

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service