Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

So, li'l ole Harringay chalks one up for the underdog.

Out of over 100 entrants, Harringay Online was one of ten sites recognised at this morning's awards. Of those ten three were selected for presentation to Gordon Brown, Phil Hope (Minister for the Third Sector in the Cabinet Office) & John Hutton (first Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) who spent 20 minutes with the three.

Harringay Online was one of two sites singled out for a Special Judges' Commendation. (The main award for our category went to a very worthy site which fit the bill better than Harringay Online. But apparently the judges were so positive about what we're doing that they particularly wanted to recognise and profile the initiative we are engaged in and so made this special commendation).

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

is there any reason why you are standing in order of size?
Oh and yes - huge congratulations as well for your fantastic work!
Blimey - congratulations!
(that isn't a cardboard cutout of the PM is it?)
well done!
Blimey, don’t you lot scrub up well.

Well done guys, HOL fully deserves this endorsement and recognition of the work this site has done over the last twelve months. Long may it continue to grow.

You should be very proud, I am of you all : )
This is really, really excellent. Poor Gordon has had a fairly putrid time of it since last autumn so he's deserving of this wonderful photo op. Did he get all your autographs?
I was just about to ask you to send it up! :)
How about a caption competition?
Noooooooo.........looking at it - my expression, body language and proxinity to the PM, I can see only too easily how that caption might turn out!!
Well then, cover or centrefold for next 'Haringey People'?
Punks and prime ministers...that Mrs E gets more photo ops than Brian Haley. Overexposed, I'd say!
Seriously scary but............WELL DONE

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service