Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Who lived in your house in 1901? (Frobisher, Falkland & Fairfax Roads)

Michael's thread reminded me that I have access to the 1901 census for these 3 roads.

The School House was occupied by James Quin, his wife Sarah and their 2 children, Ethel and Amy aged 13 and 10 - and one Florence Stockwell (their servant!). James was born in Huntingdonshire, Sarah in Cambridgeshire and the girls in Hertfordshire, as was Florence.

Unfortunately some of the entries are barely legible but I shall do my best to give you as much information as possible.

Right, whose first then?

Tags for Forum Posts: who lived in your house

Views: 1023

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very!

William B(?) Sneyd, aged 58 who was employed as a photographer for the Prisons Dept of the Civil Service. He was originally from Shropshire.

Also, his wife Ellen aged 55 and their 2 daughters; Rosa, aged 32 who was a self-employed dressmaker and Ada, aged 23 who was a shorthand clerk.

(I've also discovered that I can access more streets in addition the 3 in the title but they would take me a while longer to search)
Ooh I don't suppose you could look up 77 Seymour?
Hi Alison, the previous occupants were

Edwin Green, aged 42 was employed as an assistant in a wholesale company. He was born in Hackney.

Mathilda, 37 (wife)
Reginald, 8
Beatrice, 1
Uninformed, (son under 1 month old)
Hannah Gould, 35 (General servant - domestic)
Sorry, that message should have been from me, not Matt! (I wish he'd remember to sign out, tsk)
Thanks so much Angela.

A servant, amazing! Would they have lived in the little box room upstairs I wonder?
Hi Angela, can you please see what you can find for 79 Seymour?
I can't read this entry very well but here goes!

Frederick Mustoe (??) aged 28, was a compositor. He was born in London and was married to Emily, also aged 28 and she was born in Wood Green. They had a son named Laurence W, who was one year old.

They also had a boarder, Edith Smith, a 22 year old school teacher from Goudhurst, Kent.
Thank you Angela. I absolutely love this!
This property was divided into 2 households

1. Bertram Cox, aged 28, who was born in Highgate and employed as a booking clerk. He lived with his wife Annie K, aged 36 and his stepson Alexander Fraser, aged 14.

2. James Ross, aged 36, who was born in Scotland and employed as a warehouseman in a woollens wholesale company. He lived with his wife Harriet aged 31 (born in Islington) and their daughter Christina aged 4.
Anna, the previous occupants of no. 11 were

John Joseph Chadburn, aged 37. He was a self-employed accountant and was born in Pinxton, Derbyshire.

Also his wife, Elizabeth aged 39 (born Putney) and their children
Dorothy, 12
Evelyn, 10
Margaret P, 9
Josephine, 7
John Bourne, 5
Minnie, 2
Elizabeth K Young (?), 26. She was a boarder and worked as a school teacher.
Sorry - that was from me, not Matt (again!_
Ace,

Any chance 93 Allison Raod and 131 Effingham Road are there.

Ta Angela

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service