Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

More on October snow

Anyone get any pictures?

Tags for Forum Posts: snow

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Snow photos in London? If so, I am the admin for the Flickr group Snowday London and you're welcome to join and add your snowshots - photos and videos!

Originally, I started the group as a very short-term little project to bring together photos taken on 5/6 April. I thought it would run a few weeks and gather maybe a couple of hundred photos. There are 1200 plus, and still rising.

I certainly didn't expect October snow - or any at all this winter. But last night people were out and about snapping the transformation snow brings in a few hours. And catching some of the sheer bubbly playfulness of Londoners in our very rare snowfalls.
I got caught in the hail that preceded the snow on my way home on my bike. Not fun! It actually hurt your face.
Alison, I didn't intend to irritate or offend by my comment. And I feel sympathy with anyone caught in an unexpected hailstorm. But do please glance at the other side of the coin. In April, snow brought a magic to parts of our city. Yes, there are lots of cold grey streetscapes in Snowday London. But also some breathtaking and beautiful snowshots of parks, lakes, streets. And because they are so very rare, our brief snowfalls often seem to bring out some of the best from Londoners.

Last night too, one one of the photos posted was from a Thai student in London seeing snow for the first time. Made me try to imagine what it must feel like. And I thought of that clever airline ad: "When was the last time you did something for the first time?"
Alan, no offence taken - was not irritated or offended at all. Just very cold and wet! It was amazing I agree, especially once I was indoors and in dry clothes!
I agree Alison, not a nice cycle home - I think I got sleet in my eyes, not good for the vision and quite painful.
Only managed one very rubbish picture, taken at 9 am this morning;

Snow in October
Luckily Snappy Stephen has added this photo and 3 others of Finsbury park in the photo album
Great! If anyone has any more that would be great. We could make a little 'Harringay snowday' album maybe.
I've got some old box camera black and white snaps I took in October'34. If that's what does it for y'all I'll them out.
Give over Eddie, not even you are that old. Unless you've got a funny old picture in your attic...
Twas a dark and stormy night...
Melvyn - thanks for the photos - very effective shots. I've deleted the versions you added since they were huge files and am pasting in reduced copies below - (Your two files were 2.1MB & 2.8MB - the ones below are less than 100k. When we take up a certain amount of file space with this site we have to start paying extra - trying to delay the day)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service