Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I'VE RECENTLY made visits to the Borough of Sutton in south London, where the Liberal Democrat Party have just won a by-election. The most obvious difference with Haringey is the state of the streets: Sutton's are noticeably cleaner!

However, one difference between the Boroughs can be compared from anywhere in the world: and that is the home pages of the Councils' respective websites. For ease of comparison, I've put them side-by-side and same-size:

Haringey

Sutton

(click to enlarge: un-retouched screen-shot from 30" screen)

Haringey's home page appears bitty and cluttered. Our council tries to force everything into the first view, whereas the Liberal Democrat Council's home page is scrollable. I suggest the services are better laid out in the latter. Sutton's first view also focuses better on the resident-user who wants to report a problem and to get it fixed.

A Borough's home-page is it's face to the world.

Couldn't we do as well as Sutton?

If not, at least better than our present effort?

Council home page: Haringey

Council home page: Sutton

Councillor and
Liberal Democrat

__________________________________________________________________________________

P.S. Update above to reflect changes 2015-09-21 to Haringey's website (screenshots captured within seconds of each other—click to enlarge).

Tags for Forum Posts: Council, Haringey, Sutton, home page, web page

Views: 1776

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At least there's some consistency, because they've also go the ugliest borough logo:

Partners Logo

I quote fancy those Royal ones, how to we get to be Royal?  Is it automatic now we have our collective OBE?

Sorry Pam, I think you have to have a royal residence in the borough - one day eh?

Could we get one of those cheap Dutch ones to move in?  They will have 20000 new homes to choose from.  Or they could blag a flat in Bruce Castle, that was a royal residence not very long ago.

A kind of Primark royal? I like the idea.

How about 'Right Royal Haringey'? That's got a certain ring to it.

I there should be a competition for the worst "Welcome to..." signs that some borough insist on having on roads crossing their borders. The worst I ever saw was "Hillingdon- the adventure begins"

That was probably when they still had the ski slope.

I thought it was - " Haringey - you're welcome to it " ?

Mark, I'm not going to argue with you ;-)

Hammersmith & Fulham's new one is the worst. 

But I'm sure it won't be long before the Haringey Cabinet wastes some money on a brand consultancy's poorly cobbled together 'vision'. It's not like these are times when they're having to cut services, or anything like that.

James, we can probably write the vision here.
"Haringey Council. We do things that people need, when they need them and don't charge too much"
OK, what's the going rate for a consultant's fee?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service