Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Fire above SNUG, opposite the Salisbury.

Police have closed GL in both directions 4pm. Fire appliance dealing.

Views: 2666

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Con. The poor woman was quite disoriented and was finding it difficult to tell people what had happened so thanks for filling us in.

Hi Liz
The Ethiopian family are very close friends of mine. I found this discussion when looking for news about the fire. When I told them they said to me that they would like to thank the person who helped them if that was you or Con or both. They had a night in Barnet with out blankets I heard but they are fine.

There were lots of folks trying to help. Glad to hear they are fine. Hope the kids are coping with the upheaval. Let us know if they need anything.
Unfortunately, the business below has been devastated by the fire and the water used to put it out. Anna is a young woman who has put her heart and soul into her business, provides a refuge for children and their mums daily as well as serving the best cakes. She is a rarity on GLanes in that it is an independent small business run by a woman on her own. She works so hard, this seems so unfair. If you want to help, one of the regulars has set up a just giving page
https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/SNUGcafeGreenLanes?utm_source=t...
Liz do you know if her losses wil be covered by insurance. It looks like a huge blow. Poor lady.
Given the car crashing into her front, the water flooding from a burst pipe recently, I expect her premiums have gone up. I don't know but I'm guessing not all of it and certainly not straight away. I'm sure the cost of repairing the damage will run to considerably more than 2 grand. I've not spoken to her but if I find out more I'll let us know. For those of us who are regular users, this is also about solidarity at a really bad time.
Hello Liz and All my lovely customers!

Thank you so much for all beautifull words and your support. That is the only thing what makes me still fighting for Snug.

There is still no news from my landlord. Last update was few days ago. My landlord's surveyor emailed me saying, that they were still waiting for the building insurance to take on the liability. As probably you know half of the roof of the building is missing, the main electricity is cut off.
There is nothing I can do to make the things move faster ..
I rarely go to the cafe now as honestly-it breaks my heart to see Snug in this stage. Past 5 months since the opening as Snug I noticed massive inprovement, then this accident happened..

My insurance will cover some parts of a loss but unfortunately not all as I am underinsured ( unfortunately found this out from my loss adjustor). Hopefully no equipment is demaged as I would not get enough from insurance to get a replacement.

I still need to pay most of the cafe bills apart from the rent and electricity.

I am also so gratefull for my amazing Customer Johanna to set up the crowdfunding page, Snug received 1500 ( 1690 raised minus fees ). To all my supporters Huge Thank you !!

I will definately keep you updated as soon as there is any progress.

I am sure thats not the time to give up just yet. I love Snug and my customers, who created that amazing atmosphere there!!!:)

Thank you all !!!

Ania :)
I agree with what Liz says about Snug and Anna who runs it. I was keen to help and eventually came across the crowdfunder link but it was hard to find. Glad to see you have highlighted it.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service